Which Bottom Timer do you use and where did you find it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny D:
Does the aladin tec lock you out at anytime

Not in gauge mode.

Danny D:
or have annoying beeps at all ?

All sounds/audible warnings can be turned off pre dive.

D3 and Apeks Quantum (Nitek Dou/Tusa IQ700/Cressi Archimede) both in guage mode

even if you 'forget' to put it in guage mode.. and violate it's deco on a dive, it will continue functioning on next dive(s).. but will revert to guage.. only showing depth/time.

Danny D:
Does the aladin tec lock you out at anytime or have annoying beeps at all ?

Dan
hopefully, no BT locks you out. Some computers do, and the tec is a computer when not in guage mode, but DIR doesn't use it that way. It's a great BT though. Really love mine so far...

Chris

I find using my Suunto Stinger (D3 has the same feature) in guage mode has the added advantage of a resetting split timer. I love using this when doing deco or even slow recreational ascents.

When I get to my desired depth, I just hit the "magic" button and it starts timing from zero. So for example if I want to do a 5 minute stop at 70 feet, I hut the button and when it says 5 minutes, I just ascend.

No keeping track of run time. For example let's say I hit 70 feet at a runtime of 43 minutes and I want to do a 5 minute stop. I have to remember 43 plus 5 or minute 48 to know I've done the time and then ascend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom