Which Battery is the Correct One?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Which is the correct battery for the Scubapro Luna? The
3V CR 2/3 AA battery or CR2450? Or do they both work?

Depends on the transmitter, older ones used 2450 flat batteries, newer use the 2/3 AA. The one I had that took the 2450 had flat sides on the plastic cover and the newer is round but there may be some crossover.

Thanks, I bought my Luna last year and it is round. Good thing I asked I'm going to Cayman Brac in a few weeks and I like to have spare batteries with me.

Make sure you look at the battery and it’s orientation before you pull it out, the 2/3 has a reverse polarity where the “button” end is - not + as one most batteries.

The transmitter for the Luna uses the CR 243 AA battery. Be sure the o-ring is changed when the battery is change. Part number from Scubapro is 06.204.071C which comes with the battery and o-ring.

Thanks everyone. Will a Duracell CR2 fit? or do I need the scubapro battery? I guess what im saying is what is the best battery to buy without breaking the bank.

Thanks everyone. Will a Duracell CR2 fit? or do I need the scubapro battery? I guess what im saying is what is the best battery to buy without breaking the bank.

It is recommended you remain with the Scubapro kit. The price is around $40 (battery and o-ring) and it is worth it. I've seen plenty of people, including myself, who went the cheap route only to flood the computer or transmitter. Ruining it isn't worth the cost of a new one.

Hey Dave...

The correct ScubaPro battery comes with a battery replacement kit...''O'' ring for a reason...

You're either ''breaking the bank'' for the correct battery and kit...or breaking the bank to replace your computer if it becomes flooded with corrosive sea water...

Dive Safe...

Warren

Thanks everyone....good info....I did by a complete kit last year thinking it was correct but the transmitter battery was the button type so I need the CR2/3 battery. I do have the O-ring that came with the kit.if I have the correct O-ring it doesn't matter which CR2/3 I use...correct?

Thanks everyone....good info....I did by a complete kit last year thinking it was correct but the transmitter battery was the button type so I need the CR2/3 battery. I do have the O-ring that came with the kit.if I have the correct O-ring it doesn't matter which CR2/3 I use...correct?

Dave...

A lot of batteries produced for ''scuba'' devices are reverse polarity protected...meaning if you accidentally put them in backwards they'll do no damage to the circuit board...if an ''off brand'' battery is not reverse polarity protected and you accidentally put it in backwards...you could fry the board...

I run into this ''battery issue'' all the time in the rebreather community...divers looking for less expensive ''make do'' batteries...even asking if ''conventional'' batteries can somehow be recharged...a $12,000. kit...worrying about $40. worth of batteries...I don't get it...

If the device is advertised as being ''any battery safe''...then by all means select your battery of choice...otherwise...spend the money...buy the right battery(s)...if a manufacturer will go as far as producing a ''unit specific'' battery and installation kit...that's the one you need to use...

Dive Safe...

Warren

Back
Top Bottom