Shearwater Perdix battery choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get 90+ hrs from a SAFT AA in both my Petrel II and Perdix.

I know they are more expensive than an Energiser Lithium, but it saves opening the battery compartment up more frequently.

I dive pretty much cold all year (average is 37F-48F). Energizer lithium last me exactly 1 year or about 50 dives. I always keep a spare set and change after I get a battery warning. Maybe 55-60 hrs?

Although the battery indicator does drop pretty fast, it's never died on me during a dive. Just last week it started on say about ~ 60% (guessing at about how full the bar was) and by the end of the dive it had turned red.

My dc sometimes lives in the truck, it might last longer if I remembered to bring it in from the cold.

Cold Water diver here too, it was through the forum that I learned about using Energiser Lithium Batteries, I would not go back to Alkalines.. These batteries make a big difference when diving cold water.

I keep a couple of extras in my Save a dive kit but honestly they last a long time.. Unless you are a dive master on a commercial boat I really can't see any problem with having to change a battery every 50 dives or so.. On top of that the Lithium Batteries are readily available.

What do genuine SAFT AA cost?

Amazon sells Energizer lithium for $10 for a 2 pack, so ~ $5 / yr. I just like that they have a 10 yr shelf life so they won't leak. I don't know enough about SAFT AA

Edit: was wrong, they're more like $2.50

Energizer Ultimate Lithium are relatively cheap and last quite a while.
These are all I use. I’ve owned 2 Petrel and currently own 2 Perdix. The extra runtime from the SAFTs isn’t cost effective IMO. The Energizer Ultimate Lithiums last quite a long time, are widely available and are affordable.

Amazon sells Energizer lithium for $10 for a 2 pack, so ~ $5 / yr. I just like that they have a 10 yr shelf life so they won't leak. I don't know enough about SAFT AA

I can typically find the Energizer Ultimate Lithium for around $3-$3.50 each if you buy them in an 8 to 16 pack. I will buy a year or two's worth during the Florida hurricane tax holiday in late May/early June. That is when I try and buy all of my batteries for the year so that I can get them without sales tax.

I can typically find the Energizer Ultimate Lithium for around $3-$3.50 each if you buy them in an 8 to 16 pack. I will buy a year or two's worth during the Florida hurricane tax holiday in late May/early June. That is when I try and buy all of my batteries for the year so that I can get them without sales tax.
I think the price is up along with everything else. 4 pack was $7.67, so $1.98 per battery last year. I am down to 2

Screenshot_20230320-112826_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Amazon currently has 8 pack for $20, so $2.50 / battery.

Back
Top Bottom