Which Atomic 1st Stage Do I Have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also need help identifying an Atomic 1st and 2nd stage. I didnt want to start a new thread, so hoping I can piggyback off this one. I know the pics are not great but hoping someone can help. Let me know if I need to start a new thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-231827_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-231827_Facebook.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20220108-231839_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-231839_Facebook.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220109-003215_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-003215_Gallery.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 61
I also need help identifying an Atomic 1st and 2nd stage. I didnt want to start a new thread, so hoping I can piggyback off this one. I know the pics are not great but hoping someone can help. Let me know if I need to start a new thread.
It is a first generation T1 or Ti2 (read my post on the second page on that history) so titanium first stage.

How to tell, satin finish to the reg. Thinner side walls on the yoke. Trim ring has square holes. Cap on top is donut shape.

The second stage without the purge cover will have a titanium inlet tube. Also a satin finish. The early purge cover disintegrated over time.

The second stage with the Z1 purge cover will have a zirconium inlet tube. Will have a yellowish finish.

What do with it? First stage, full overhaul, replace the piston with a monel piston and seal it. Put a typical cap on top. Second stage, full overhaul. Can replace any of the trim bits you want. As for purge covers. You can still get new Ti2 covers or get a T2x purge cover and new a ring. If the Z1 purge cover is trashed put a Z2 color kit on it.

It is a first generation T1 so titanium first stage.

How to tell, satin finish to the reg. Thinner side walls on the yoke. Trim ring has square holes. Cap on top is donut shape.

The second stage will have a titanium inlet tube. Also a satin finish.
Ok thanks for the information!

Back
Top Bottom