which agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
i USE the q-reply button! i just opted not to "quote message in reply" checkbox since it would repost the photo AGAIN

sheesh these canadians i swear!

Jag
Jag, with so much pent up internet anger I bet you're just jealous we have a green card and you don't. [insert tongue sticking icon here that I'm too lazy to look for since I pressed the q-reply and the quote message in reply box]

I have qualifications from 4 different certifying agencies and have training booked with a fifth.
As everyone says it is the instructor that counts, not the alphabet soup.
However all other things being equal I would recommend PADI. Their educational materials are far better which makes a big difference also their cards are better recognised and understood around the world. For instance I am BSAC Advanced, in PADI Advanced is one step above Open Water, in BSAC it is one step above Dive Leader (Divemaster).
Do your Open Water then your Advanced as soon as possible afterwards, do Nitrox at the same time. When you get a bit of experience do the GUE DIR-F to polish your skills and then Rescue Diver to become a better all round diver. That's it unless you want to go tech, go pro or have a speciality interest.

chip104:
Jag, with so much pent up internet anger I bet you're just jealous we have a green card and you don't. [insert tongue sticking icon here that I'm too lazy to look for since I pressed the q-reply and the quote message in reply box]
:lol:

no thanks... the only thing i'm envious of is the value of the dollar vs. the pay-soe...

Jag

Bruciebabe:
Do your Open Water then your Advanced as soon as possible afterwards

agree...

it is how it is handled....

but also it(new skills) needs mentoring not just after the course you take off... you MAY (but not necessarily) need to practive the new skills under the supervision of your instructor to fully benefit.

Bruciebabe:
Do your Open Water then your Advanced as soon as possible afterwards, do Nitrox at the same time. When you get a bit of experience do the GUE DIR-F to polish your skills and then Rescue Diver to become a better all round diver. That's it unless you want to go tech, go pro or have a speciality interest.

woah! information overload!! anyway, thanks! PADI it is then:wink:

Can I specialize in underwater welding? I got my welding skills from my high school. hehehe.

also, sharks are just so scary.. dont wanna swim with those things... baka kasi gumanti from may over-eating of sharks-fin siomai:11doh:

abubakar:

Can I specialize in underwater welding? I got my welding skills from my high school. hehehe.

also, sharks are just so scary.. dont wanna swim with those things... baka kasi gumanti from may over-eating of sharks-fin siomai:11doh:
don't worry about sharks. You see your avatar? In reality the shark is the pig, and the guy going "rar" are the divers.

abubakar:

just dont swim in dusk for they are known to ravage scuba divers for fun. also be wary of blue water entries:D

clgsamson:
and maybe he should stop eating shark's fin siomai...

thats true, the sharks organ at the tip of their nose contains the ampulae of lorenzini. they can detect the slightest movement in the water and can sniff .00001 of a microgram of ingested shark fiin

greypores.jpg

Back
Top Bottom