which agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abubakar

Reaction score
hi! im planning to get my OW this feb.

Can anyone help me kung saan pwede:06: I just want any opinion on this since im new and i don't wanna get ripped off.:D saan kaya maganda magpacertify?

also, my japanese friend told me to get a CMAS kesa PADI... what are your thoughts on this?

thanks!

abubakar:

Can anyone help me kung saan pwede:06: I just want any opinion on this since im new and i don't wanna get ripped off.:D saan kaya maganda magpacertify?

also, my japanese friend told me to get a CMAS kesa PADI... what are your thoughts on this?

thanks!

personally its not the agency that counts its the intstructors that do. make sure you do your homework. be wary of fly by night intsructors. seems like there is abundance of this now. make sure you get one that has the dive experience to back it up. ask around. good luck.

btw there are several good ones on this board, ahem Paolov and Axua:)

ya, what Spoon said

the instructor is the most important thing. get the best one you can find.
don't worry about the alphabet soup.

abubakar:

thanks!
hi abubakar!

well the guys said it all: it's not the agency, it's the instructor

locally most divers are padi - but that's because it's just more readily available compared to naui, cmas, bsac or any other agency - i don't know if there's a real difference between alphabets once you get in the water :biggrin:

spoon and i have done our rescue course with AXUA

chip and iris_ice have done their advance course with PAOLOV

so you've got "PPD-approved" topnotch quality instructors right here

best thing about it you will have instant dive buddies (us!)

good luck and have fun!

Jag

shugar:
so you've got "PPD-approved" topnotch quality instructors right here

Jag

"PPD APPROVED" i like this very much:) il use it more often.

thanks for replying guys! i appreciate all the advice.. i'll PM some of the instructors here for lessons or whatever you call them:)

clgsamson:
"PPD APPROVED"?....lets vote on that! Poll ulit, Poll ulit yeheyyyy:D :D :D

sure bro set it up. i like it indeed:) or PPD seal of approval with matching logo. anyway lets have one of these in each of our signatures.

Ishbaby:
I remember chip had his advance with Jong, and Iris, did you take up AOW already?

chip hasnt completed his aow yet if im not mistaken..

Back
Top Bottom