Which 3mm Wetsuit Would You Choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fathomer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a 3mm jumpsuit for tropical use. I was hoping to get some opinions about suits that you like. Thanks in advance for your input.

-Ted

I have a Henderson Hyperstretch because I like the stretch ability of it.

I use my henderson hyperstretch and like its easy donnability. I enjoy watching other struggles with donning their suit and gear, while I am done and ready to dive.

Eventhough it is velcro "magnet" and likely get damaged easily if you don't watch where your velcro neck tab sticks, it will probably last longer than inexpensive suits as it will not tear where you have to tug and pull to get your suit on.

I recently purchased a Waterproof 3mm Capri wetsuit. I love it! It has bends in the arms and legs and has numerous panels and is well put together. They also offer a multitude of sizes so there is guaranteed one to fit. They are a swedish company.

Here is the link: Waterproof - Sweden

Hope this helps!

If your tropical diving means a trip to Florida, buy one down here. 3mm is the Florida favorite. Diver's Direct has numerous brands, and you could try on to you find the right one for you.

Three of us got "Pinnacle Breaker" suits when the town's dive shop closed. Been about 15 months. and all has been good - all around.

Henderson

I have the Neosport 3/2 and have been very satisfied with it. About 80 dives on it so far and it still looks great and performs well. I believe Neosport is Henderson's lower priced brand but they still have the good quality of Henderson. If I don't watch my eating I may have to go for a hyperstretch soon though.

Pinnacle Seal or Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene 3
both are far more comfortable and durable than any other suit I have ever used (yes better than the Hendersons). not to mention they are both Merino lined which is great not only for warmth but for ease of don/doff.

The Seal is warmer than the ME3, and if you don't want to spend as much or don't need the warmth of the Merino they make a 3mm Elastiprene without the Merino.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom