Where's the best diving in the Carribean during winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankly, it is all good. But Bermuda (being much further north) does get a bit cold during the winter for 'Caribbean diving'.

I actually had some great dives in Playa del Carmen, Tortuga reef comes to mind, lot's of big turtles and we even saw a big hammerhead on that dive, really lucky.

So many good places, so little time: Little Cayman, Bonaire, Curacao, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, approximately in that order.

Good diving, Craig

I think the non-divers will find less to do on Bonaire to the point of being bored. (dvrliz1 will likely disagree...lol)

Another option you might consider is Curacao. It's the "C" in the ABC's (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao)

My non-diving family (wife and two kids) and I love Curacao. As my wife says:

"Bonaire is where divers go to vacation. Curacao is where vacationers go to dive."

Wow, you asked for the best place to go for beautiful coral and fishlife and you chose Cancun? :shakehead:
He forget to mention that the other criteria, in addition to great reef scenery, were the best wet t-shirt contests and tequila body shots. Cancun edged out Galveston and Panama City. :wink:

Wow, you asked for the best place to go for beautiful coral and fishlife and you chose Cancun? :shakehead:

RobinT, I think it's pretty obvious that HE didn't do the choosing! He's being taken on a vacay by his grandmother (not a diver), along with his mother (a diver) and a sister (not a diver). Guess who's point of view prevailed?

You guys are wasting time suggesting destinations..... he decided on Cancun. (see posts)
Lots of people do a search instead of posting a new thread. Just because the OP has his question answered does not mean others are not interested in hearing more opinions on the question. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom