Where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a group going to Cozumel over the week of NYE. We would like to stay at an all inclusive place (rooms, food, drinks, scuba). Is there such a place that includes Scuba & Drinks (I know, crazy combo right)? What would you recommend?
Not crazy at all. Plenty of liveaboards include drinks or at least beer and wine in the fare. But, as already noted, Cozumel Palace is the only resort on Cozumel that includes both.

That said, except for the extra cost in addition to your all-inclusive room/food/drink package, there's no need to use the onsite dive op at any Cozumel resort. Many dive ops in Cozumel will pick you up from the resort dock so that the effect is the same as staying at a dive resort. Even better, they store your gear for you so there's no need to take it to and from the dive boat each day (though be aware that some dive ops will not store your wetsuit, which sort of defeats the purpose of gear storage IMO).

Besides Cozumel Palace, where you can use the onsite Aqua Safari dive shop using the resort credits that come with your booking, there are plenty of all-inclusive resorts further south, some so far south that the ride to the dive sites are mercifully brief. I've stayed at the Occidental Grand and Secrets Aura. Both were very nice resorts, but Secrets had better drinks and, for the most part, better food.

Thank you so much for all of this information everyone! You have been very helpful!!! :)

Scuba Club would be a good deal for you. It's close to town, so if the group wanted to venture out, it would be easy to do.

I THINK Hotel Cozumel does AI packages. Also within walking distance of town.

If you don't mind staying way south of town, Occidental Grand is a beautiful property, Dive Paradise is the on-site dive op even though you don't have to use the on-site dive op at any of the resorts. Most dive ops will work out a group plan for you and also pick you up at your hotel pier.

Scuba Club would be a good deal for you. It's close to town, so if the group wanted to venture out, it would be easy to do.

I THINK Hotel Cozumel does AI packages. Also within walking distance of town.

If you don't mind staying way south of town, Occidental Grand is a beautiful property, Dive Paradise is the on-site dive op even though you don't have to use the on-site dive op at any of the resorts. Most dive ops will work out a group plan for you and also pick you up at your hotel pier.
Scuba Club includes drinks?

The onsite dive op at the Occidental Grand is Dive Palancar, unless it changed since last year.

Scuba club does not include drinks.

But they were not crazy priced. But I don't drink much - I guess it could add up over time.

Scuba Club Cozumel ---- Drinks are not included in packages. You charge to your room and pay the last day. The prices are cheap, IMHO, much cheaper than bars downtown. We aren't big drinkers, we always walk to Chedraui (2 blocks away) and buy beer and sodas for our room fridge (every room has one). I think at the end of the week our average Drink bill is around $50-60, and that includes sodas or tea with lunches and dinners, and occasional beer for 2 people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom