where to stay on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When are you going back? I am jealous! We certainly hope to go back some day. Our dive shop has a trip going next April. We will probably skip that trip, there are so many optiions out there to try. We want to try the keys, Bon Aire, etc. Any place with shallower dives (40-55 feet). But Cobalt Coast is definitely on our agenda for a repeat visit. Dora and Ari were great as was all of the staff and the Dive Tech staff. We still want to do a night dive at Turtle Creek. We were supposed to ,but it was moved to West Bay because of rough surf that night. The food was great wasn't it?
Meanwhile, we are up here in Michigan waiting for it to warm up a bit so that we can at least get back to White Star Quarry. We have new 7 ml wetsuits ordeded and soon we will get WET!Happy diving!

I dove with Ocean Frontiers last November, and first of all, I have to tell you that they are a great dive shop... You will really enjoy the crew - say hi to Dan (captain) and Claire (divemaster).

I don't know what current conditions are, but the week we were there, it was a bit choppy but nothing more than 1-2 foot seas. The wall dives are really deep, but if you've got 35 logged dives, you will be fine. Another comforting factor is that the visibility is so good, most of the time you can still see the surface at 100+ feet. Also, when I was there (11/02), by "law" you could not go on any of the deep dives without a dive guide (though I heard that the Caymans were thinking about changing this).

My favorite sites were Babylon, Kangaroo Gorge, Scuba Bowl, The Maze, and Jack McKinney's. We went to almost 120 ft. at Kangaroo Gorge.

Enjoy!!

Timothy Randall once bubbled...

...trying to find a place that will be well suited for my wife (non-diver) especially while my Daughter and I are out diving? The Colbalt looks awesome for divers but has no sandy beach?

Haven't been to the Royal Reef - yet - but it looks nice from their website. Will know first hand in about 21 days :)

Morritt's has a very nice beach and pool area, nice restaurant, etc. I would imagine either would be good place for relaxing while the boat is still out.

Thanks Becki! I can't wait to hear your report! We have booked our week Aug2-8th at the Reef, Can't hardly wait to dive into the "warm water".

I just ordered a Seaquest Black Diamond BC today! I am off to Alaska for 3 weeks in my small airplane, then hardly back and we fly half way around the world in the other direction! Aint Life grand!

Have a wonderful trip and Dive save and get lots of Bottom time!

Tim

lisa4516 once bubbled...
When are you going back? I am jealous! We certainly hope to go back some day. Our dive shop has a trip going next April. We will probably skip that trip, there are so many optiions out there to try. We want to try the keys, Bon Aire, etc. Any place with shallower dives (40-55 feet). But Cobalt Coast is definitely on our agenda for a repeat visit. Dora and Ari were great as was all of the staff and the Dive Tech staff. We still want to do a night dive at Turtle Creek. We were supposed to ,but it was moved to West Bay because of rough surf that night. The food was great wasn't it?
Meanwhile, we are up here in Michigan waiting for it to warm up a bit so that we can at least get back to White Star Quarry. We have new 7 ml wetsuits ordeded and soon we will get WET!Happy diving!

We are planning on going back in mid July, My wife snorkels off the dock and hangs out at the pool, my son dives a bit, but likes to hang out at the pool and meet new kids from the area. I love to dive and have been reintroduced to it. I first got certified as a teenager in the early 70s and did most of my dives with a friend in Keuka Lake. Thats one of the Fingerlakes in NY State. I didn't dive after I got out of highschool, but plan on diving Keuka a couple of times this summer, probably after we get back from the Caymans. (burrrrrr). I live in this area and it is beautiful with all the winneries and all. We live very close to Corning. Can't wait to get back and see all the fine folks at Cobalt Coast and Divetech

GSW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom