Where to stay in the keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AudraKay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
4 of us will be traveling to the Keys to do some diving at the end of February 2011. I am concentrating my search in Key Largo and Islemorada, and have recently added Marathon.

We do not need the party scene and would like to stay in an area that is "off the beaten path" or at least has waterfront rooms.

Our budget for a room is around $250/night. We would like it if there would be a dive shop on site, but its not a necessity.

I am concentrating my search on those 3 islands because I heard that it may be cheaper to stay at those islands and they have better diving. Any advice for lodging/dive operators would be appreciated.

Let me suggest some operators; communicate with them and ask what deals they have with hotels, etc - its the diving thats important, and all have tie in's w/ places to stay - if your budget is $250/night you should be able to find lodging for quite a bit less; really no place in the upper Keys is "off the beaten path" but NYC its not.

HMS Minnow*
Silent World
Conch Republic

All have web sites; but call to discuss what you might see. (HMS Minnow is a fantastic op - but its a 27' boat - takes only a max of 6 divers).

For $250/night why don't you look into VRBO? Probably could get a nice house with a great view.

Or even a definition! :shakehead::rofl3:

I know we are an inital driven society, but that one totally escaped me, and I suspect many others! Thanks Debby! :D

I'm sure it escaped many others, it's not an acronym used in everyday discussions! I see that the Keys rentals are very spendy, but split up enough ways if you don't mind giving up some privacy they could be rather reasonable.

contact speargirl via scubaboard, she can hook you up with a really nice place and good prices for your room(s) and the boat trips.
I just got back from Key Largo and we had 3 tank trips for $74 (tanks inc) and got a special rate at the Key West Inn (sorry I agreed not to publish the rate).

Or even a definition! :shakehead::rofl3:
Yeah, but then he'd be meeting expectations, wouldn't he? :wink:

Would have been nice if underachiever included a link.
That would be overachieving. Come on guys, he's made it clear he's an underachiever; adjust your expectations accordingly. :D

Last edited:
Fox-C, I think the OP is asking for classier accomodations and diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom