where to stay in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would you not want to stay near with sabang with the wife?
Uh . . .let me put it this way. If you're a single male diver traveling alone and unattached, and looking for "apres-diving" --then by all means stay in Sabang:eyebrow: . . .

Well . . .if you're bringing the wife, stay away from the hotels in the vicinity of Sabang.
How about shopping for souvenir, snack, toiletries etc etc and the selection of restaurants?
Imagine you are staying at Campbell at Big LaLaguna and you want a hot meal at 3am and high tide. You surely do not want to walk all the way to Big Apple or Eddie Place in Sabang.

There is a small restaurant next to La Laguna beach club. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was staying in small la laguna at the time and walked over to big laguna to eat there often.
Good food, cold beer, fantastic mango shakes, and fair prices. 3am though might be a bit late for anything. I believe el galeon has a happy hour and snacks every night at the point bar. Fun place to go.

How about shopping for souvenir, snack, toiletries etc etc and the selection of restaurants?
Imagine you are staying at Campbell at Big LaLaguna and you want a hot meal at 3am and high tide. You surely do not want to walk all the way to Big Apple or Eddie Place in Sabang.
Wear your board shorts, some good wet/dry trail shoes or sandals, and have a rain poncho & mini-mag flashlight handy. . .

As per other posts I can vouch for El Galleon / Asia Divers, good accommodation, food and excellent dive set up, in fact I am planning to return there as soon as I can which might be February 2011 if all goes well.

i stayed at big apple in november, paid 1100p for a reasonable room, but next time i would certainly splash out on the newer 2000p rooms overlooking the pool, the dive centre was very easy going and friendly, 1100p per dive or 3000p for 2 dives at verde including lunch. yes i will be back.

@Ron Parker:

I am doing my DM Course in PG, Which Dive Site has a 120ft ship wrecks? I'd like to go there.. :)

I assume he means the Alma Jane, although the actual depth of the site is more like 100'

Shore diving offered a deep dive :popcorn:(120ft) ship wreck, lots of critters, easy shore swim back to the beach.

If you do mean the AJ, it's only an easy swim back to the beach if the currents not running. If it is you can easily find yourself blown right off the site

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom