Where to stay in Manado or vicinity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought AirAsia's terminal is not in KLIA you have to go to LCCT. so it's not really convenient.

I thought AirAsia's terminal is not in KLIA you have to go to LCCT. so it's not really convenient.
but its less than half price :D

For those who didn't know what LCCT is. I didn't know.

The Low Cost Carrier Terminal is specifically built at Kuala Lumpur International Airport to cater to the growing passengers of the Low Cost Airlines, especially the passengers of Malaysia's first 'no-frills' airline, Air Asia. It is located 20km away from the KLIA Main Terminal Building (MTB). (from KLIA web site KLIA International Airport - Low Cost Carrier Terminal - LCC Terminal )

The Low Cost Carrier Terminal is specifically built at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia to cater to the growing passengers of the Low Cost Airlines, especially the passengers of Malaysia's first 'no-frills' airline, Air Asia. It is located 20km away from the KLIA Main Terminal Building (MTB). (from KLIA web site KLIA International Airport - Low Cost Carrier Terminal - LCC Terminal )

The Low Cost Carrier Terminal is specifically built at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia to cater to the growing passengers of the Low Cost Airlines, especially the passengers of Malaysia's first 'no-frills' airline, Air Asia. It is located 20km away from the KLIA Main Terminal Building (MTB). (from KLIA web site KLIA International Airport - Low Cost Carrier Terminal - LCC Terminal )

Do I remember correctly--that there is an airport to airport shuttle? So many airports, so many countries--hard to keep track :).

At the KLIA Low Cost Carrier Terminal web site there was a whole section on how to get there.

KLIA International Airport - LCC Terminal - getting to terminal

It lists at least two low cost ways to go from the Main Terminal Building (MTB) and the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT)

This web site LCC Terminal states

Several bus-shuttles are going from KLIA to the LCC Terminal
You have to go down the escalator at KLIA. Then you'll reach the bus terminal; you'll head straight to platform 8 which is actually on the right. You do not need to buy any ticket, its on sale on the bus itself.

The LCCT is just on the far side of the airport but you have to go around to get to it. It is too bad they didn't just connect it they way they connect the international satellite terminal to the MTB with a small train (like in Las Vegas)

At the KLIA Low Cost Carrier Terminal web site there was a whole section on how to get there.

KLIA International Airport - LCC Terminal - getting to terminal

It lists at least two low cost ways to go from the Main Terminal Building (MTB) and the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT)

This web site LCC Terminal states

Several bus-shuttles are going from KLIA to the LCC Terminal
You have to go down the escalator at KLIA. Then you'll reach the bus terminal; you'll head straight to platform 8 which is actually on the right. You do not need to buy any ticket, its on sale on the bus itself.

The LCCT is just on the far side of the airport but you have to go around to get to it. It is too bad they didn't just connect it they way they connected the international satellite terminal to the MTB with a small train (like in Las Vegas)

but its less than half price :D

i agree. Got a RT Air Asia ticket to Manado from KL for $127 all in for Feb2008 travel, all in with extra baggage allowance for dive gears and stuff.

i agree. Got a RT Air Asia ticket to Manado from KL for $127 all in for Feb2008 travel, all in with extra baggage allowance for dive gears and stuff.

Ummmm...perhaps you meant to write "Feb 2009" since Air Asia JUST started the KUL-MDC route in mid-September of this year (2008)?

And be forewarned, unless you have something IN WRITING for your weight overage, I would be prepared to pay excess baggage fees (if over 15KG total); AA is notorious for levying their "sports equipment fee" out of KUL..their ticket agents are trained to spot Dive gear bags VERY well! I'd bring extra $$ unless you can keep all your stuff below 15KG, in which case you're probably "golden".

And if/when they SEE the dive bags, they still may levy the "sports equipment fee" anyway (read the fine print on their site, very few people do)--even if below 15KG. I have SEEN this at KUL LCCT in person more than once (I have taken this new flight 6 times now), and all the upset and haggling that accompanies it!

Good Luck.

yes, i meant feb 09- will be staying at veitch's resort.

i am fine with the luggage allowance... have used air asia and other low cost carriers for almost two years now- never had a problem with my luggage... of course it always pay if you prepay it. they will kill you with the charges upon check in if you don't.

ahhhhh- never used dive bags when i travel. :) and for really good reason. :)

Ummmm...perhaps you meant to write "Feb 2009" since Air Asia JUST started the KUL-MDC route in mid-September of this year (2008)?

And be forewarned, unless you have something IN WRITING for your weight overage, I would be prepared to pay excess baggage fees (if over 15KG total); AA is notorious for levying their "sports equipment fee" out of KUL..their ticket agents are trained to spot Dive gear bags VERY well! I'd bring extra $$ unless you can keep all your stuff below 15KG, in which case you're probably "golden".

And if/when they SEE the dive bags, they still may levy the "sports equipment fee" anyway (read the fine print on their site, very few people do)--even if below 15KG. I have SEEN this at KUL LCCT in person more than once (I have taken this new flight 6 times now), and all the upset and haggling that accompanies it!

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom