Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I come, I'll be there for the workshop. I was kind of thinking Palau too but it's off season?

I hate you, pakman.

Should I just resign and join you and Dennis?

Alternatively - and more realistically - I could just fake a nervous breakdown and "disappear" in the PI for a few weeks and come back to work a few weeks late with a good tan claiming complete amnesia.

Hmm, could work.

edit: - @Dennis, seriously good news if you could swing the August trip....

Diver Dennis:
If I come, I'll be there for the workshop. I was kind of thinking Palau too but it's off season?

Technically its off season, July-Oct is their "rainy" season. But I'm getting conflicting feedback on conditions during that time. Some say the seas are rougher... But I would really think the only concern is if a typhoon hits...

edit: dennis, FYI, I'm looking at the Big Blue Explorer for a Sept 3-Sept 9. The aggressor schedule won't work with my flights back to manila...

I was just doing some reading... isn't Palau outside of the "typhoon alley"

Yapboy, correct me if I'm wrong, but the PI is more likely to get hit by a typhoon than palau right?

oh Ish is going to Visaya in Sept... hmm... maybe Palau can wait... :wink:

i prefer Yappie..

Yes, palau doesn't get hit by typhoons very often... but, you can get southwest winds and swells at that time of year which makes diving Blue Corner etc pretty much impossible....

Yap on the other hand... we don't get the crap weather that Palau gets at that time of year.... come see some mantas!

Mike Veitch:
i prefer Yappie..

Yes, palau doesn't get hit by typhoons very often... but, you can get southwest winds and swells at that time of year which makes diving Blue Corner etc pretty much impossible....!

Yappie... from your experience crewing on the Aggressor, were the conditions in aug/sept that bad that you would recommend people to come during the peak season?

Back
Top Bottom