Where to go next, help???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heidihart88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I'm a solo woman traveller. I love dive trips! I've been to Palau, Truk, Yap, Fiji, Indo a couple of times, Philippines, Australia, Hawaii....I live and dive regularly in Seattle. I'm trying to figure out my next spot. I am thinking about Egypt this May. I don't usually do liveaboards due to a tendency toward seasickness, however I did do one near Komodo and it was FANTASTIC! When looking at Egypt I was disappointed to see that the land based diving was really weather dependant and I can't seem to lock in Thistlegorm.....unless I do a liveaboard. Does anyone have experience with this region during this time of year? Or can you suggest somewhere else spectacular? Thanks :)

PNG - Milne Bay Tawali Resort land based - Wetpup (also a single female diver) has a trip report somewhere on Tawali.

Rangiroa and Fakarava in French Polynesia - land based ops

Maldives is now cheap as chips land based unless you decide to stay at an upmarket resort.

Sri Lanka is kicking off as a dive spot and obviously cheaper....

Just a few thoughts

Single, American female in Egypt?

Hmmmm. I'd *really* think on that one before I went. I was in Cairo for three months a long time ago, and I don't think I'd go back in this current political climate. I don't look good in an orange jumpsuit.

That being said, the Red Sea diving at Sharm-el-Sheikh was pretty spectacular.

R.

Sipadan? Definitely a great option. I went there (single female) - it was great and definitely need a repeat visit some time.
Where in Indo have you been? Lots of different options - Sulawesi (Lembeh, Bunaken & Bangka are all accesible from Manado) & Bali, Raja Ampat. Obviously you've already done Komodo...

Or Croatia, if you are there only for diving then one of the outer islands like Vis or Lastovo, if you wan't some night life Pag or Hvar are perfect while still having some dives, whole of Istria for some culture. Or, since it's all close together you can travel the whole coast in 2 weeks easy.

I've been traveling solo to dive Maldives off of lob, Banka and Lembeh land based solo (returning next week), Raja Ampat lob and if you don't want lob my friend highly recommends Palau Explorers land based in Raja Ampat. I recently returned from Egypt doing lob with friends but my last 16 or so hours were spent solo at Cairo airport and an airport hotel. Didn't care for that experience. However, if you could fly direct into Sharm El Shaikh, I think you could enjoy. Haven't done it myself but have very experienced friends that quit diving lob in Red Sea because they get all they need and want diving Ras Mohammed (Obviously this is second hand info)

Last edited:
Sipadan? Definitely a great option. I went there (single female) - it was great and definitely need a repeat visit some time.
Where in Indo have you been? Lots of different options - Sulawesi (Lembeh, Bunaken & Bangka are all accesible from Manado) & Bali, Raja Ampat. Obviously you've already done Komodo...
Ah, Indo.....I loved it! I went to Ambon, Komodo, Bali, Lembeh and Raja Ampat. I am thinking of Sipidan and then another spot. I loved Lembeh so much, maybe Bunaken or Bangka?

Oh I meant to mention that I went solo to Sipadan Mabul many years ago. Loved it.

Back
Top Bottom