Where to go in Portsmouth, NH?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Will all of these directions become apparent when I get there...or am I going to be confused?

Piece 'o cake. Seriously, you start driving along 1A and you can't miss it. Not to mention being able to ask anyone 'where is the light house?'

Cool...thanks...I'm excited, especially after seeing your pictures and some others on the web. Seems like good vis and lots of sealife.

Where can I find tidal information?? I had a link once, but lost it.

Never dove it before last Sat., but it was great! If you stay along the wall (i.e. the island) there's tons to see. Miriad of crevaces and all kinds of things hiding in there. As you follow along the wall clockwise on the way out, you'll probably notice an old cable kind of following it around and suspended in the water in a few places between the boulders. You can practice your bouyancy by trying to moonwalk along it underwater. Great fun! :walking:

-Roman.

Aaron,

I would bring the drysuit (don't know if you were thinking about diving wet). I did Nubble in July, and I definitely noticed that it was colder than MA...the same way you definitely notice that RI is warmer than MA.

All IMO...but if you have it, I think you'll be glad near the end of that second dive.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
Aaron,

All IMO...but if you have it, I think you'll be glad near the end of that second dive.

Yeah, I'll be in the drysuit...hopefully I'll be dry. Now I have a leak down the neck...pissing me off. I got Wednesday night. Time to get the neck seal and zipper replaced.

Never buy a used drysuit...buy it new...At the end of the day, I will have spent almost as much on my ScubaPro drysuit and repairs as I could have buying a custom Andy's. Live and learn, I suppose.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
I will be there near low tide. How much is this going to suck?

Hardly any difference... just be careful about where you leave your stuff, and remember to use the muscles for grip and walk very carefully [think of it like walking on ice... but on a slope!]

Back
Top Bottom