Where to get Bolt Snaps Online and size to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for Stainless Steel Bolt Snaps, one for the reg second stage, kind of what DIR says, and some for my pony bottle... I know you can find them at "your local hardware store", but since I live in the Dominican Republic, it is not that easy to find. Do any of you know of an Online Place where I can buy them, and what size should I buy?
Thanks in Advance!

Ok... I plan to buy the reef scuba ones. Two more questions:
What size do you recommend for each, since they have at least 3 or for sizes? I plan to use one for the SPG, one for the first stage, and some for my stage bottles.....
Also, what is the difference between the brass one and the stainless steel? Which one will last longer?
Thanks again!

Since you live in DR I would think that you would be diving warm water all the time with no thick bulky gloves. Buy the small bolt snaps. Stainless steel I would imagine would be your best bet since I think your preety much diving the Ocean.

and have dunked them in salt water many times.

No corrosion or problems.

You can't argue with the price and the quality - at least for the ones I got - is ok.

I don't know if this guy rotates suppliers or anything similar though, so YMMV.

Genesis once bubbled...
and have dunked them in salt water many times.

No corrosion or problems.

You can't argue with the price and the quality - at least for the ones I got - is ok.

I don't know if this guy rotates suppliers or anything similar though, so YMMV.

The price is excellent. And it sounds like you're getting a good quality piece.

He doesn't carry the small ones that you would want for the primary (long hose) clip-off snap.

He's got the "middle size" that's good for just about any kind of regular gear, and the "larger ones" that would make good stage bottle clips and such, but not the little ones that I prefer for my primary hose (and some would probably prefer for their SPG)

Of course much depends in that area on the gloves you're wearing too.

Genesis once bubbled...
He doesn't carry the small ones that you would want for the primary (long hose) clip-off snap.

He's got the "middle size" that's good for just about any kind of regular gear, and the "larger ones" that would make good stage bottle clips and such, but not the little ones that I prefer for my primary hose (and some would probably prefer for their SPG)

Of course much depends in that area on the gloves you're wearing too.

Actually, for me the middle and large sizes are perfect. Dry gloves and thick neoprene gloves for the cold water make the larger size snaps a necessity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom