Where to dive @ OBX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is too bad that it looks like Hanna will hit, but, even if it didn't, things quite a distance away can make for very, very rough days. And there is little worse than a day that should have been blown out, but the boat runs anyway.
-J

polly~ i've become quite the hurricane expert. i've been checking the updates every 3 hours, and we've been in contact w/ the real estate company. looks like things aren't going to be that bad from hanna, and we'll be checking in saturday late afternoon. Ike is what we're gonna have to watch out for! already a cat 4!

polly~ i've become quite the hurricane expert. i've been checking the updates every 3 hours, and we've been in contact w/ the real estate company. looks like things aren't going to be that bad from hanna, and we'll be checking in saturday late afternoon. Ike is what we're gonna have to watch out for! already a cat 4!

Yeah, you should be good on Hannah, just depending on her inland route you might have some crappy traveling weather.

You are right the big worry for your trip is Ike. And a lot of the "old timers" here are really worried about that one even if it loses strength, coming so close on the heals of Hannah the ground will be saturated prior to Ike making landfall meaning lots of down trees, and a good chance of flooding.

yeah, that one's the worry. really, the problem wasn't floyd, it was dennis 1 & dennis 2 *then* floyd. same with bertha & fran - mama says the first one wears a path & the second one wipes your azz out. hershey bars are our family hurricane coping mechanism.

yeah, that one's the worry. really, the problem wasn't floyd, it was dennis 1 & dennis 2 *then* floyd. same with bertha & fran - mama says the first one wears a path & the second one wipes your azz out. hershey bars are our family hurricane coping mechanism.

That JuJu is a wise woman.

she has the same theory with snakes. the first person walking in the brush wakes them up and the second gets bit and dies a horrible death right there in the yard. oh, and all snakes are copperheads - just like mrs prages... anyway, *she* walks first in line. she'll be very sad to see any of her family die a horrible death, but if it's by snake that's just the way the dice rolled and, gee, she's sure sorry... :D

Back
Top Bottom