Question Where to Dive in the Philippines That's NOT Focused on Muck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
living4experiences

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm diving at El Galleon in Puerto Galera in March 2025 and would like to continue from there and dive somewhere else in the Philippines that is not a muck-centric location. I don't mind doing a muck dive on occasion, but I don't want to go somewhere that that's the focus of the diving. Any recommendations for locations and resorts? A/C is a requirement.

Thanks!

See the posted videos (Raja Ampat in post #45 & Tubbataha in post #49) yourself and draw your own conclusion. I tried to video them as completely as I possibly could in the same year (Feb 2024 for Raja Ampat & June 2024 for Tubbataha). The lack of big stuff & less biodiversity in Tubbataha are obvious.

I may come back to Tubbataha earlier in the year (like in March) to get a second opinion.

Covers a huge area!
One lousy trip has no meaning.
I had been there three times yrs ago on three different boats and my log book has different entries on each trip. Every trip seems to be to a completely new place. Every captain/dm has their own favourite sites.

Do NOT go in beginning/end of the season.

As promised, here’s my trip video of Tubbataha. I might have come a bit too late (1-7 June 2024) as I saw NO hammerhead sharks, NOR mantas, NOR Whalesharks as @cetacean and @bluesails alluded to up thread, but it still not bad of a trip. It ain’t Raja Ampat for sure.

But you did see a few more grey reefies vs. what you would have seen in Raja Ampat, and the vis was definitely better.

Raja Ampat is definitely more diverse, however Tubbataha is a unique place.

But you did see a few more grey reefies vs. what you would have seen in Raja Ampat, and the vis was definitely better.

Raja Ampat is definitely more diverse, however Tubbataha is a unique place.

The viz was definitely better?

From the video... vs. Raja Ampat

You and I must have had different experiences with regard to viz at RA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom