Where to dive in Bavaria (Germany)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to start a whole talk here, but I was asked years ago about possibly joining a group of divers from Florida looking for some items possibly worth a lot of money dumped in a lake in Bayern sometime perhaps in the mid 1940s. This one treasure hunter claimed to have intel on where this was and was looking for cave divers to go over and try to locate it. I assume there's not a lot of factual truth to this, but thought I'd ask here in this thread. I assume it's likely one of these lore/stories...?

Not to start a whole talk here, but I was asked years ago about possibly joining a group of divers from Florida looking for some items possibly worth a lot of money dumped in a lake in Bayern sometime perhaps in the mid 1940s. This one treasure hunter claimed to have intel on where this was and was looking for cave divers to go over and try to locate it. I assume there's not a lot of factual truth to this, but thought I'd ask here in this thread. I assume it's likely one of these lore/stories...?

It's true, plenty of lakes had gold, money, artefacts.
The main thing is, over the 70 years that have past almost everything has been dug up.
Most of it was actually dug up by the americans straight after the war before we had conventional 'scuba' tourists digging them up.

Although you can still get very lucky, like for example the Chiemsee Cauldron, which is a solid gold cauldron made by Otto Gahr was found as early as 2001.

Basically any Lake between Passau and Munich is rumoured to have either gold, weapons, or nazi artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom