Where to buy SSI Training Record ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alisonchan

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry as i don't know where to post the post about the learning materials, so I put the post here.

I bought the package of SSI learning kit but i lost the training record.
When i ask the shop that i bought the kit, they asked me to buy the whole kit which is very expensive.

Does anyone know where or how can I just buy the training record file of SSI??
Thanks a lot for your help.

SSI has a forum on this board. Post your question there. I see absolutely no reason to buy another kit. I would ask them why they say you need another kit. Is it an SSI rule or one of the shops own. If it is a rule I'd find another place to do business.

I don't understand what the training record is. Are you talking about the student folder or the logbook? What you should get in an SSI Student Kit is the book, dive tables, and if you purchase that option video.

There are pages in the logbook that document your training progress. Please explain training record.

The training record is the folder (kind of) to put your date of the classes,
the caution and the physical check stuff......

Here is the picture

p1090529ne6.jpg

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, you must obtain the records through an SSI dealer. You can not buy materials through SSI, even instructors must order their supplies through the dealer. However I don't think they're part of a package or kit. At our shop the package usually consists of a carry bag, the OW manual, divelog (actually this also comes separately), dive tables, a sticker & a book maker. Not to say though, that SSI might not have such a package. If so, I am unaware of it. At my LDS, we have students lose the folders all the time, we keep a bunch of extras on hand & we just usually replace them for a small nominal fee (to cover the cost of the folder); however, the folder being part of a kit may be a policy of this particular dive shop. I don't know if this will help or not. Maybe it's just me, but I would think your shop would be wise keep at least a few extras.

I vaguely remember this form, but if I recall correctly, my instructor kept all this stuff in a file folder w/ my name on it at the shop. When I did other specialty classes, the info was added to the folder. It was a few years back, so my memory may not be correct.

John

It's definitely not in my coach's place........
I am looking for a shop which i can just buy the folder.......

Actually, to tstromdiver......... is it a change for me to buy the folder from your shop?
Thanks

This form is what we call the Student Folder. It is the record of training for an SSI Open Water student.

There are other folders for different levels of advanced and leadership training.

In order for you to be an actively teaching SSI Instructor you must be affiliated with an SSI Dealership. Your sponsoring SSI dealer can order the teaching materials from their respective SSI headquarters.

Since you have not filled out your profile I can't tell which country you are from.

I am from USA, Miami. My instructor's dealer said that i can't just buy he folder.
This is the problem. That's why I am looking for other dealer which can help me to buy the folder only.

Also, I would like to ask, for taking the scuba course, physical test is required.
How much and where can I have the physical test??

Thanks very much

Back
Top Bottom