Where to buy small bungies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hex92:
Whats the standard size used for attaching things to your wrist (compasses,slates, computers etc)?

Don't know if there is a "Standard", but I usually use 3/16. 1/8 is a bit too wimpy, and 1/4 is hard to stretch much.

All the replacement boots I've built to date use 3/16, and I have had no complaints.

Regards,

Tobin

Looks like you've got plenty of good options, but I picked up a jar of like 100 of them (3/16", I believe) for around $5.00 at Target. They also had a nice jar with a gazillion zip ties of different sizes for around the same price.

REI near me sells bungee in a bunch of different thicknesses, male/female velcro in bulk in 1 inch and 2 inch thickness, and also 2 in webbing to use for harnesses.

Matt

You might try a Fishing Shop, get some Surgical tubing of different dia. A wrist band (for me) is 6"-8". Easy to make and tie off to whatever You are trying to get connected to Your wrist...........Bill

Thanks to all that have responded.
Unfortunately, I didn't complete my search in time. I lost my compass on 1st use (it was in my BC pocket). Search and recovery was not successful. So the point is kind of moot now.
However, I did pickup a package of bungies at walmart. There are 20 pieces in there and the smaller ones are perfect for making tank bangers! I made two of them. One for me and one for a buddy. These Wal-mart jobs even have a plastic ball with a hole through the middle that you can use as the noise maker.
I'm not happy about losing the compass. It's short life was limited to the practice uses on land. I never even took on single heading while in the water with it. (I was doing the nav portion of AOW at Mount Storm this weekend.)

Again. Thanks to all that replied.

Mad_diver

Mad_diver:
Thanks to all that have responded.
Unfortunately, I didn't complete my search in time. I lost my compass on 1st use (it was in my BC pocket). Search and recovery was not successful. So the point is kind of moot now.
Mad_diver

I feel your pain :sad_2: I lost my expensive Suunto SK-7 on a retractor in Dutch Springs. Now I only use wrist mounts and bungees, SS bolt snaps etc.

I bought some canvas ties at the home depot and untied them, then threw away the little plastic ball that came with. 1/4" Black bungee! 2.50 for 20 ft in 1 ft pieces

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom