Where to Buy BRIGHT YELLOW Cold Water Hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Harvey's drysuit hood with a big yellow stripe down the center. Got it about 5 years ago, it may still a stock item

Pete

I don't use an Otter Bay hood but know people that do and love them. But they have the basic black and use a marker to hide the logo.

I did have them make me a custom cover for my camera housing lens port. A little pricy but was very good work.

I'm glad to hear their work is good, but seeing as I'm looking for bright colours, the marker option won't work for me. I have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction against overbranding, and imo it really is paradoxical to do it on custom gear. "Custom" means that I am paying a premium to have the final say in what the item looks like. Period.

Anyway, if a custom piece is really slick, the kinds of people who would pay for it will ask you where you got it. Are we checking out each others' logos underwater?

I like to stay visible and easily identifiable to my buddy underwater. I also happen to like the colour yellow. I would love a blindingly bright yellow 7mm neoprene extra warm dive hood, but I can't seem to find one in any colour except for the ubiquitous and frustratingly stealthy techie black:
View attachment 172926

Anyone know where a really bright yellow 7mm hood can be bought?

Don't go below 60', the yellow won't be yellow anymore.

Just as long as it's a bit easier to make me out...

If it were me I'd go with a small strobe tied to my tank valve. Don't see many divers wearing those, at least I don't.

If it were me I'd go with a small strobe tied to my tank valve. Don't see many divers wearing those, at least I don't.

Good point. I'm in the market for one of those, in fact. Is there a particular one you would recommend?

Good point. I'm in the market for one of those, in fact. Is there a particular one you would recommend?

No, I don't own one but IMO the greater the depth rating the more rugged it will probably be.

Back
Top Bottom