Where to buy 1/2" plug for Apeks reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody know a LDS or even better an online shop in the states that have those 1/2" port plugs for apeks 200's? The shops around this neck of the woods nor the local apeks distributor carry these. Got a relative flying over from the states in a few weeks, so was hoping to find one where I can get it shipped to Seattle.

pakman:
Anybody know a LDS or even better an online shop in the states that have those 1/2" port plugs for apeks 200's? The shops around this neck of the woods nor the local apeks distributor carry these. Got a relative flying over from the states in a few weeks, so was hoping to find one where I can get it shipped to Seattle.

Why u need a plug for the main regulator port??

If you are trying to put a "standard" (not sure of dimentions) reg hose on the first stage, I have seen adapters in the shop.

If you really need to plug up that port, try an adapter and plug.

Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento carries them. 1-800-4DOLPHIN

They can at least give you the part number.

Postage to HK isn't all that bad if you want to get one from the US. You'd be looking at $2 for Airmail Letter Post. (I just weighed one up.) :wink: You'd only save about a buck having one mailed to Seattle.
The dang 1/2" port plugs are expensive though - 3/8" & 7/16" can be had for almost nothing while {I'm guessing) close to $5 for the darn 1/2" plug.

it's for my doubles setup where the 1/2" port doesn't get used on the right one. (With the ATX200's, the environmental seals face inwards). I am currently using a 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor with a regular 3/8" plug in it. But the adaptor does stick out a tad bit (the 1/2" port faces up). Just wanted to get a 1/2" plug purely for a cleaner look.

pakman:
it's for my doubles setup where the 1/2" port doesn't get used on the right one. (With the ATX200's, the environmental seals face inwards). I am currently using a 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor with a regular 3/8" plug in it. But the adaptor does stick out a tad bit (the 1/2" port faces up). Just wanted to get a 1/2" plug purely for a cleaner look.
plug it up with some gum? Maybe superglue a cork in there?
:D

Randy43068:
plug it up with some gum? Maybe superglue a cork in there?
:D

Actually my pinky and arm is a little sore from sticking it in there for a whole dive...

pakman:
Actually my pinky and arm is a little sore from sticking it in there for a whole dive...

to admit this, I have an adapter from half inch to the next size smaller (can't remember the size) to plug mine. It's not DIR but for the moment it's working. Ugly, but working.

Bob3:
If you can't find one locally give a yell, I always have a spare or 3.
Your local Apeks dealer should be willing to order one up for you, but ask about the price first. :wink:

Bob and others, thanks for the offer and suggestions. Got a pm from a nice SB member who's offered to ship one to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom