Where should I stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stortecky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are looking to head down to bonaires this June. We have never been there before so any help would be great. We Plan to spend as much time underwater as possible so we really do not need that nice of place. We are trying to keep this trip as low cost as possible. I would like a place that might have a package deal for diving, staying and truck rental. We would want nitrox too. Any help would be great.

thanks

It really depends if you want to be on the water. Eden Beach would be a good choice on the water, and back from the shore and less expensive would be Liz/Ed at the Golden Reef Inn

For the least cost I would suggest Golden Reef Inn. Buddy is a great operation but is more expensive, esp if it's just a couple of divers traveling together. Ed and Liz will take great care of you. They use Wannadivebonaire as their dive op, some of the nicest staff you will ever meet. Golden Reef Inn Resort--Home

I had read some really bad reviews on the state of buddy dive- has anyone been there recently?

I would recomend the Golden Reef Inn also for an econamy package. It's not on the water but It's very close. Stayed there for a couple of weeks last July and had a blast.

Check out Deep Blue View B&B .... great package prices. I didn't want to get lost in a resort my first trip to Bonaire (okay - as somewhat of a newbie I was nervous!!) Loved the personal attention, Esther's breakfasts made to order, the price was great, etc.Menno even met us at the airport at the crack of dawn .... It's a lovely place up the hill, so you have these amazing ocean views, but the privacy and the coziness of almost being in your own house.

Deep Blue View, intimate resort. Dive Bonaire in the Dutch Caribbean

If you want ocean front, look at the studios at Den Laman, good package prices and nitrox is included free. If you don't care about being ocean front, I would second the recommendation for Golden Reef Inn. Although we haven't stayed there, we enjoyed Gibi's buffet last year and thought the resort was really nice.

If you're looking for low-cost packages try Tropicana Apartments. Close to shore, close to town, close to diving and very competitive prices. Nitrox was included too.

Wannadive has some inexpensive apts. that they rent. Lagoen Hills is also affordable but I'd guess 15mins. drive down to the water. And there's one in Belnem (Caribbean Court?) that's across the street from the ocean. Seemed pretty reasonable for a small apt. As expected, anything on the ocean will be more. There's two warehouse food stores if you're planning to cook to save money also. And Cultimara market which has everything but is more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom