Where should I stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last time at "BUDDY DIVE" was in Sept. '08. I have stayed ther approx. 5 times. I have always had a great time and the drive thru tank pick-up is awesome. Has something happened since September? The other places I have stayed are, "Capt. Dons" (no), "THE CARIBBEAN CLUB" (no), and "PLAZA RESORT" (yes). Although they are a bit pricey the rooms are awesome as is the breakfast. The dive staff is second to none. I would def. stay there again!

Hi stortecky,

My wife and I are with cboater. We've stayed at Sand Dollar and dived with Bonaire Dive & Adventure 3 times, Jan 04, July 05, Nov 08. Packages include room & tax, breakfast, truck rental, diving (shore with or without boat), and nitox at no extra charge. We really appreciate the full kitchen in the condos for lunches and some dinners. The house reef, Bari, is fantastic and a great night dive. BD&A runs a excellent operation, we take advantage of some boat dives to see Klein Bonaire and to do some of the impossible or difficult shore sites. We did the "Dive with the Naturalist" program with Jerry Ligon this year, learned an incredible amount in the half day program and guided dive that we put to good use for the remainder of our stay. Also dived the east side with Larry's Wild Side for the 1st time this year, that was a blast. I can't wait to get back to Bonaire.

Good diving, Craig

if you did not get my reply because they over edited it since i gave good u r l s for info, e-mail me at davdiver at yahoo dot com

David

I had read some really bad reviews on the state of buddy dive- has anyone been there recently?
I stayed there most recently in September 2008. What would you like to know? I have photoshows and several reviews (that I wrote). PM me if you'd like to see them.

If you stay at Den Laman ask for Apt. J. It is the corner top condo. The view is incredible. Bari Reef is right there! I'm staying at their sister condos but will still be diving quite a bit at Den Laman.

Keep in mind that unit J is a 2-bedroom unit, which might be a bit big for a couple. :wink: Any of the 1-bedroom oceanfront units have nearly the same great view of Bari Reef, Klein, and the ocean in general. :D

If you're on a budget but still want a bit of an ocean view, check out unit F. It's actually a very small 1-bedroom unit right over Fish Eye Photo, but considered a studio so you pay studio price. We stayed in unit F for 2 weeks last summer and found it to be comfortably sized for 2 people. This year we've upgraded to an oceanfront since we want to be able to enjoy our veranda a bit more, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay in unit F again.

My wife and I are looking to head down to bonaires this June. We have never been there before so any help would be great. We Plan to spend as much time underwater as possible so we really do not need that nice of place. We are trying to keep this trip as low cost as possible. I would like a place that might have a package deal for diving, staying and truck rental. We would want nitrox too. Any help would be great.

thanks

I have a group going in June..We arrive May 31-depart June 7th..if you would like to stay at Buddy Dive with us just pm me and I can give you details.There will be instructors with us that can offer any training dives/specialties requested.It is our 6 th time with Buddy Dive our 16th/20th ?(lost count) time on the island..trip includes nitrox at no charge/buffet breakfasts/unlimited shore dives/6 boat dives/rental vehicle/50% off hotel restaurant-bar...we are out of NY but you can join us out of your area no problem.

Is Den Laman a time share or a hotel?

Neither, it's a 16 condo unit building where the condos are individually owned and part of a rental pool. Like a hotel though, you get daily cleaning service, and room service is available through the restaurant downstairs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom