Where should I go next (dive trip)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So my job gives us a week off for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas/New Years. I figure that the Thanksgiving on would be a good time to do a mini trip. Something that'd let me leave on Friday and come back on Wednesday (so I can be here for turkey day).

Anyone have any places they'd like to suggest? Thinking in the US but won't rule out a Canada or Mexico trip.

So my job gives us a week off for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas/New Years. I figure that the Thanksgiving on would be a good time to do a mini trip. Something that'd let me leave on Friday and come back on Wednesday (so I can be here for turkey day).

Anyone have any places they'd like to suggest? Thinking in the US but won't rule out a Canada or Mexico trip.

DIVE.IS - Scuba Diving in Iceland - PADI Dive Center Iceland

Cozumel, Cayman's, Belize, Philippines (Palua), Dominican Republic, Cocos Island, Galapagos, etc.

Do you want a live aboard or land? Hotel or resort? Big town or small town? Big $,$$$ or little $,$$$.

Where does your heart desire? Or better yet, who has the cheapest air fare with the best hotel/resort/live aboard rates. You can get an all inclusive for a pretty cheap price right now.

For the next trip I'm kinda looking at "close". Basically some place where I'm not spending an entire day on each end traveling. So maybe something on the west coast or even inland.

A live aboard sounds like an interesting experience. Cheap would also be a factor.

I know you are considering short trips on thanksgiving but we have 2 discount spots open for Raja Ampat on the brand new boat Arenui. We paid for 6 people on their introductory price last year to get the discount and we have 2 spots open. Trip is 11/16 to 11/27 (11 nights). During thanksgiving, plane ticket to Asia is cheap because it's off season.

Well, from Sacramento, you have some good options. I assume you've been diving Monterey? The LA boats to the Channel Islands are close, and so is Catalina. Seattle's a quick flight away. All are good diving.

Back
Top Bottom