Where oh where to get Apollo DPV service on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydropunk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
heck, where in Hawaii can I get this thing serviced?

Apollo AV1 DPV.

Bought it in 1994 in Asia. Used almost exclusively in Malaysia where I used to live and work.

Battery is shot, need a new one.

Charger does not work in this country - high wattage 220volt different plug, plus, it's old so I don't trust it.

Trigger Accelerator was giving me trouble a few years ago, but since I can't even power up, no idea how that is doing. Most likely out of commission...

The machine is here on Oahu. I really don't want to send it to the mainland - pricey!

please help.

take the battary to a store that specalizes in battaries or to checkers you can likely find one that is a direct fit just change over the pigtail. charger... just buy a trickel charger for a boat or car same thing as any other 12V charger. the switch is a magnetic reed switch try to put a big maginet next to the trigger with the batt installed and it should work if not the reed switch is bad (radio shack) you can see the workings inside the housing and inside the right trigger just need a screwdriver and you can get into that area good luck dont be afraid to pm me with other questions i fixed a few of these before

You can try Battery Bill's...

As for the charger, depends on what you need... I have a trickle charger for my Miata's battery I got from Sears. You can borrow if you like to try when you get back. For 4A/6V or 2A/12 V batteries such as bikes, ATVs, and old school cars. (Nice thing about Sears is you can return it within 90 days if you don't like it.)

Back
Top Bottom