Where is the outrage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thread can certainly evolve as long as it evolves around and is germane to the authors question:

"SO I ASK YOU.....WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE in the 'almost' socially acceptable practice of drinking and driving?"

And, assuredly, this does not pose a question about controlled substances, the ethics of capital punishment, political parties, the use of cell phones while driving, putting on make up while driving, ad infinitum . . .

Or just change threads, that seems like a reasonable choice for me, since i don't get this one.

Otter:
. There have been several posts that attempted to address the legality of abortion as well certain sexual acts.
Thanks.
The reason that happened was because some people kept referring to the fact that alcohol was "legal" and that made it "OK" whereas other substances aren't "legal" and that means they are not "ok." I merely pointed out that some sexual acts were considered "illegal" so does that mean, if we follow it logically, that they are also "not ok"? At one time, slavery was legal. Does that mean it was "ok"?

Fish_Whisperer:
That's not really fair, Jeff. I understand both Otter and Kraken's positions on this. Why not start your own thread, if the way this one is being handled is so galling to you?
I think it is totally fair.

Conversations evolve. Drunk driving to Stoned driving is not a big stretch.

But hey...what do I know anyways.

Fish, are you the new "establishment, or what"

agree, Fairy. I see the law as something that could be right or wrong.

But, I am outraged when those drunks ruin my car and almost my face.

they never seem to get hurt either, being all floppy and all. They sure don't act very appropriate in the ER. I observed an RN once using an alcohol wipe on a guy that had spit on her, right before she drew his blood ETOH.....more outrageous behavior witnessed, and she actually winked at me! I just figured the guy had spit on the wrong battle ax.

This world is full of outraged people being outrageous.

catherine96821:
...snip....

This world is full of outraged people being outrageous.

EXACTLY!

You're getting a little testy there, Fish. I don't drink and drive, and I SAID I was outraged. So..let's all just agree with the OP and then there won't even need to be thread. I think there should be room for every ones's thoughts without getting outraged that people have some interesting perspectives that don't all match.

This debate WAS pretty interesting when Frank and Otter were debating and I like to know Greenie's perspective, being a Christian cop and having some life experience of seeing a few crashes under his belt. Isn't there room for everybody?

I do know that heavy drinking causes all kinds of mood disorders that make one a bad driver, even when not legally drunk. Road rage from a low blood sugar, for example. Not sure about post rage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom