Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They will be seen in grand cayman shortly....excel ff and pros...
:)

Got in trouble this week.

I am currently an acting chaplain for the US Army NATO forces here in Estonia. I met with one of the commanders and explained that I was also a chaplain and dive master with one of the dive clubs in Tallinn.
I asked if he wanted to see about getting his men certified so that they could dive Rummu Barrakuuda | Diving in Rummu lake & underwater prison
He was pretty excited and we signed 12 up (max. class size for us to handle). I assisted the Russian instructor, Sergey to help with language issues, etc.

After the pool sessions, the students started asking about my fins. The course director, was frowning.
Observations by the soldiers. "How come you only kick about 1 stroke for every 5 of ours?" etc.
Then we hit open water and the cramps started. Then more instructions from the course director, "You need to eat more bananas." (and my sotto voce comment, "Or use Force Fins!" :D)

The final day as we were at the shop, the shop owner said, "I am going to buy you some really nice fins for you to use when teaching courses with us. It isn't fair for the students to see you finning the way you are."
:confused:
Well, it obviously isn't this fat old man. It has to be the fins!
Thanks Bob!!!!
We love you man.
mike
tallinn, estonia

---------- Post added August 29th, 2015 at 04:41 PM ----------

Get 'em while they're hot!!
Force Fin Tan Delta Extra Force Amber Bungee Strap XXL Signed | eBay

We just dove for a week with a couple from Barcelona who both used them.

We dive with them in Florida, and wherever vacations take us. My spouse and I each have a pair of pros, and he has a pair of tan deltas and I a pair of excellerators. When I wear the latter, I'm like a torpedo that can turn perfect corners just by thinking about it. It's almost effortless. No, speeding along like a torpedo isn't the goal, unless you're shore diving and swimming out to a site, or you want to get to a site before the newbies kick up the sand and scare the big fish away. There is a reason force fins cost more. They cost ten times as much to make, all 14 or so materials, in the U.S., and are not punched out junk from you know where. No, I have no relationship to the dive industry. I am just a fan. Force fins are the gold standard. Anyone who doesn't believe it should check out the makers site and try them, after learning how to properly kick in them. You don't kick the same way as with other fins. You don't kick they way you do when you're swimming. They're such an awesome piece of equipment I hate to see anyone miss out on them. I bought my first pair from a navy seal, and you can indeed strap some models right over combat boots. I once wore my husband's tan deltas with sneakers. Excellerators have long adjustable screw in pods( called whiskers) that channel water through them and make you even more efficient. Some serious research went into these things, and it shows.

The last dive buddy to laugh at my force fins later begged me to slow down and go into relaxation mode. Frankly, i was barely making an effort to kick. The next time someone laughs at yours, smile and suggest they get it out of their system quickly, then catch up with you at the reef.

They are worth every single cent. The only issue is that they are hard to find, since the maker ( we love you, Bob!) doesn't make a full line of scuba equipment, just awesome fins, and shops have to be brand loyal. You have to buy them at the force fins site or scrounge them up on eBay, where people bid like mad for them ( with good reasons).

Last edited:
Got in trouble this week.

I am currently an acting chaplain for the US Army NATO forces here in Estonia. I met with one of the commanders and explained that I was also a chaplain and dive master with one of the dive clubs in Tallinn.
I asked if he wanted to see about getting his men certified so that they could dive Rummu Barrakuuda | Diving in Rummu lake & underwater prison
He was pretty excited and we signed 12 up (max. class size for us to handle). I assisted the Russian instructor, Sergey to help with language issues, etc.

After the pool sessions, the students started asking about my fins. The course director, was frowning.
Observations by the soldiers. "How come you only kick about 1 stroke for every 5 of ours?" etc.
Then we hit open water and the cramps started. Then more instructions from the course director, "You need to eat more bananas." (and my sotto voce comment, "Or use Force Fins!" :D)

The final day as we were at the shop, the shop owner said, "I am going to buy you some really nice fins for you to use when teaching courses with us. It isn't fair for the students to see you finning the way you are."
:confused:
Well, it obviously isn't this fat old man. It has to be the fins!
Thanks Bob!!!!
We love you man.
mike
tallinn, estonia

---------- Post added August 29th, 2015 at 04:41 PM ----------

Get 'em while they're hot!!
Force Fin Tan Delta Extra Force Amber Bungee Strap XXL Signed | eBay

Very cool! Glad to have a chaplain here on the boards!

The next time someone laughs at yours, smile and suggest they get it out of their system quickly, then catch up with you at the reef.
:D Now THAT is funny right there!

As long as we are talking military and Force fins....
Bob made these Force Fins for veterans....watch this amputee swim faster than Shark Whisperer Jim Abernethy ( in the background....Jim is know to be an underwater rocket)
The Force Fins are just so much higher tech than virtually all scuba fins, that you can't know how good they are without trying them...
[video=youtube;P5u96WfIHbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5u96WfIHbo&[/video]

Just used this one in my newsletter yesterday. Force Fins also good for entertainment (manta ray simulation):

Norberto-Manta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom