Where have all the Southern Swampers gone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Where are you guys? 2 years ago we had 15-20 regulars that came to Twin Lakes almost every weekend. We lost a few last year and this year is even worse. I realize most folks can't or won't dive every weekend but there are quite a few Swampers I haven't seen at all this year.

Is it the company? Is it Twin Lakes? Life getting in the way? I know ScubaTexasTony moved because of his job, and ChrisPete moved but sheesh...we've seen them more this year than some of the locals! Some of the local SB members don't even bother to come out and meet anyone, much less dive. Guess that in itself explains a lot.

Oh well.....TPH, Jester and I had a great time yesterday!

I have to say life has been getting in the way cuz If I could I'd dive all the time.

I officialy started my DM class so I don't know how often I'll get to TL over the next few months but my instr said I could use the site for my mapping project so theres hope yet....

My last confined water is this thursday with open water July 31 and Aug 1st. Plan to be at TLs the following weekend. DH had a major heart attack last tuesday in which he had to be defibrillated. Missed class that week but instructor was wonderful and I'll be able to make up this week. DH is home and doing well. Still geting meds stable but otherwise he is great.

See ya soon.
Judy

Dee we will make it this Sunday! This past weekend we went to central texas and did a dive, not the best dive but had a great time seeing old friends and learning more about diving. Were both looking forward to meeting ya'll and joining the group.

Well we tried Sunday. When we got out there about noon(my wife was going to snorkel), it was thundering. She got skittish and we went to the movies. Looked good when we left the house.

Cant say where people go. I try to dive every weekend. Was looking forward to Sunday. Spent Saturday at BL DM'ing for instructor friend of mine. Got conned into it Friday night at HUC meeting. Vis was about 5 feet. Lots of people I know are strictly blue water divers.

We will see what this weekend brings.

Hubby and I haven't yet made it to any Swamp Divers thing. We just got certified and have had something non-diving related every weekend since, and have every weekend scheduled from now till school starts! We are going to the Keys in August, and will get in some diving with my Dad, but that's the only dive related stuff on the schedule.
Some day we'll meet all the fine Swamp Divers and become one of you (I hope!), but at the earliest it will be September.
~Kelley

Dee, I'll make it a point to get back down there this year.

If that's alright. :D

sealskin98:
Dee, I'll make it a point to get back down there this year.

If that's alright. :D

You never need to ask! We'll be up to see you guys soon as Beast quits working weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom