Where do you wear you computer?

Where is your Computer/Bottom Timer Located?

• No Computer or Bottom Timer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intergrated in Console

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Right Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Right Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Left Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Left Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Clipped on my BC

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Somewhere else ...

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank - sounds good. I've been holding off on making any major changes to my Halcyon setup. I did move my SPG, and a couple of other minor things (actually I've been following the changes made by my tech instructor).

We had a big discussion about quick release buckles, and after playing around in the water doing R&R skills I decided I did not need them. I think it largely depends on how flexible you are and how quickly you feel you need to be able to get out of the rig.

Thanks for the note.

- Atticus

I have a Cobra, which I attach to my bottom right D-ring. I strugged to find a compact configuration for a while. Eventually, I bought a retractor and on my last dive moved it from the bottom left to the bottom right D-ring. On the bottom left D-ring, the retractor was too long and the computer hung away from my body (check my profile photo as an example). I discussed this with a DM friend of mine and he suggested that I move the retractor to the other side.

It works like a charm. The computer is out of the way, does not drag on the reef and I can see the readout by looking down. If I want to check water temperature or get a good squiz at the computer, I just pull it up on the retractor.

At the safety stop, I unclip the computer from the retractor, so that I can monitor my depth (we have had quite big swells on Aliwal Shoal the last couple of weeks, so maintaining depth at 5m can be a challenge:wink: ). This is also needed for dekitting, as the computer effectively obstructs the BC opening in this configuration. This is not a problem, though, because the computer is now unclipped when I get to the surface.

Works well for me.

Cheers,

Andrew

originally i wore the computer on my left wrist as i would a watch... it felt most natural there.

but pretty soon i realised that i couldn't see it during ascents if i was venting gas from my BC or wrist mounted exhaust valve so i switched ot the right hand.

shouldn't really only on the computer for info during ascents i know but if you have it it seems a good idea to use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom