Where do you store a flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive sidemount. My backup lights are bungeed above my D rings on my shoulders.

And every time you turn to look at another diver you're shining your light right in his eyes.

I use one of these for night dives in addition to my primary light.

It has a very narrow focused beam. You would need pretty good aim to hit someone in the eyes with it, but it's good for looking at your dive computer and guages. I also found one with a red lens a while ago.

Got a small diving flashlight for Christmas, and I was wondering where people like to store flashlights when not in active use while underwater. It has a flimsy wrist strap, which I doubt would be an effective solution. I don't dive with wetsuit pockets either.
As others have said, attach a boltsnap. When stored at home, I keep my dive lights in a resonably handy location. They make great emergency lights as they're very bright. Before anyone asks: So far, none of mine have overheated, even when used for extended periods out of the water. Works fine, lasts long time, won't rust, bust and will collect less dust than throwing it into a drawer or something.

I keep mine clipped to a little hook thing next to my front door that's intended for storing car keys.

Here's a video showing exactly how to attach a boltsnap to a dive light.

Back
Top Bottom