Where do you store a flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubNeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Got a small diving flashlight for Christmas, and I was wondering where people like to store flashlights when not in active use while underwater. It has a flimsy wrist strap, which I doubt would be an effective solution. I don't dive with wetsuit pockets either.

Replace the strap with a bolt snap (you’ll need to tie it on) and clip it to a chest d-ring. Put a 1 inch piece of inner tube on the shoulder strap of your bc below the d-ring to slide the light into. This will hold it in place and keep it from dangling.
Hope that helps,
Erik

I keep mine in a box with the charger and my mask and fins.

As above for day dives. If I want to look at something in a hole, I pull it out of the retainer strap and leave it connected to the shoulder D ring while using it.

For night dives, this:

And it stays on my hand the whole dive. A backup light goes on the shoulder D ring.

As above for day dives. If I want to look at something in a hole, I pull it out of the retainer strap and leave it connected to the shoulder D ring while using it.

For night dives, this:

And it stays on my hand the whole dive. A backup light goes on the shoulder D ring.
How do you switch it from hand to hand, or do you just wave it around whenever you have to do something else with that hand?

How do you switch it from hand to hand, or do you just wave it around whenever you have to do something else with that hand?
A small light is great on your mask strap. It's there if you need it and keeps hands free.....

Back
Top Bottom