Where do you store a flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you switch it from hand to hand, or do you just wave it around whenever you have to do something else with that hand?
It stays on my left (non-dominate hand). I haven't ever felt the need to switch hands. If I need to use my left hand (like to vent my BCD) that's where the light goes until I'm done. If I think it's going to bother someone while doing that, I can turn it off and turn on my backup light until my left hand is done with the task.

I use a bolt snap, but since I've lost a light I also soak the knot in superglue and then add a ziptie when it dries. Looks good and no worries of it coming undone.

Clipped to a d ring on the chest.

You can also use a goodman handle or light sock (which is kind of a soft goodman handle).

I use a bolt snap, but since I've lost a light I also soak the knot in superglue and then add a ziptie when it dries. Looks good and no worries of it coming undone.

Clipped to a d ring on the chest.

You can also use a goodman handle or light sock (which is kind of a soft goodman handle).
Super glue, great idea!

In my pillowcase under my pillow.

It is possible that I read the thread title incorrectly.

I attach a bolt snap to mine and either store it in a pocket on my pocket shorts or hang it from a d-ring on my BP harness.
I do something like that too with my large light. Hangs in front of me and easy to grab. Backup light in the BC pocket. You should always have a backup, especially on deep dives.

Here's someone that leaves them clipped too

126 066a (1).jpg

Super glue, great idea!

I wish I could take credit, but when I lost a light in the St. Lawrence after meticulously tieing it exactly how youtube told me I came here to shed some tears and it was a suggestion. Haven't lost one since:)

Got a small diving flashlight for Christmas, and I was wondering where people like to store flashlights when not in active use while underwater. It has a flimsy wrist strap, which I doubt would be an effective solution. I don't dive with wetsuit pockets either.
Always in use, no matter the dive, so connected to my BCD by a coiled strap.

Same here. I superglue all of my knots. I don’t add the zip tie though. Superglueing the knot works so well that I’ve never had one come lose. I have knots that have seen years of diving and they are still holding strong!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom