Where do you put your excess gear when shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On most cars the "protective" feature is only needed to start the car, with the unlocking of the doors relying on straightforward mechanical portion of the key. You should ask again for a dumb key.

Charlie, you know a lotta stuff, mister. I need to do that.

Hemlon, not that it is any big deal, but I have seen those cases implode at depth. So, if you ever hear a loud pop--just realize that it could be that case. I was with a girl on the Corsair, (117) and we heard this *catastrophic* noise and thought we had blown an o-ring or something bad..kinda freaky. We continued the dive, but a bit nervous because we knew it was something!
Back on the boat, she pulled the smitherings of plastic shards from her pocket.

Stanley rolling tool box (#29005 24gal Mobil Job Chest) transports & holds my gear on those "parked blocks away" excursions, can be locked/cabled to a bench/railing, fits into the hold on the Catalina ferry, and doubles as gearing up seat
I use an small "Otterbox" in an unused back trim pouch to hold car keys, $20, C-card, Dr Lic

Thanks for the heads up Catherine ... I've had that otterbox to 100ft OK ... will probibly scare the **** outa me if it does implode one day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom