Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in Lake Whatcom.

31 minutes, 37 feet max depth, 2300 start, 700 end. Wore the 3/2mm wetsuit today which put me very overweighted, something to take into account for my next dive. Switched regs several times and pulled and re-sheathed my knife with gloves on. Buoyancy was much better today but I need to look into some different kick because I am stirring up a lot of muck without even touching the bottom. Good practice in low vis.

My "permanent" regs should be back from servicing Monday and so I will be able to start diving with the pony bottle next week. I will probably dive just the pony tomorrow to get a feel for how long 40 cu ft lasts and because I might be doing some dives in that configuration next weekend.

Back in Lake Whatcom.

31 minutes, 37 feet max depth, 2300 start, 700 end. Wore the 3/2mm wetsuit today which put me very overweighted, something to take into account for my next dive. Switched regs several times and pulled and re-sheathed my knife with gloves on. Buoyancy was much better today but I need to look into some different kick because I am stirring up a lot of muck without even touching the bottom. Good practice in low vis.

My "permanent" regs should be back from servicing Monday and so I will be able to start diving with the pony bottle next week. I will probably dive just the pony tomorrow to get a feel for how long 40 cu ft lasts and because I might be doing some dives in that configuration next weekend.
Seems like frog kick and sidemount would be appropriate in those conditions

Back in Lake Whatcom.

Sounds a lot like the conditions at my local lake. A frog kick or modified frog works well for me when the vis is low.

DW

Santa Rosa Sound near Pensacola FL. (actually a few days ago)
Depth: 12' Max
Vis: 4'-6'
Dive time: 45 mins

I was just testing out some gear and using up a half full tank. I figured I'd take my cheapo camera with me and see what I could see.

Well, it turns out I saw a fish I've never seen before in 30+ years of diving. The guy in the picture is a Spot Fin Jawfish. I actually found 4 of them scattered about the bottom. Interesting critters. I bet someone with a good camera could get some cool shots of them in their holes.
DSC03228~3.JPG

Had a weekday off work... headed up to Lake Ore-be-Gone in Gilbert Minnesota despite the rain. Didn't get an good photos of it, but the runoff from the gravel boat launch made an interesting wandering wall of brown water.

Tried some shots of the raindrops from just below the surface... nothing good. I did mange an over under that I kinda like. It's a bit of a challenge with the relatively small dome of my wet lens, but got lucky on a couple shots.

Image is a panorama blending the brightness above and below.

dove wet which was nice, but miss the big pockets on my drysuit for my goPro and the gorilla pod I use for off camera lighting ~ ordered a couple glue on pockets today :cool:

71min, 36ft max, 64°F below and 71°F above thermo.
_DSC5778-Edit-Edit.jpg

Calabas Reef, Bonaire. After diving with a buddy all week and doing the usual pay attention to each other and fin around I needed a break so went solo. Went slowly down the wall, hung out around the sand and then came back up the wall even slower. Never did venture hardly any north or south from the buoy. Very calm, peaceful, relaxing dive. Tarpon, moray, schooling fish, all came to hang with me.

Got back to the room and my wife said why don't you go do another, Not being one to argue...

Lake Washington.

Two dives totaling maybe 10 minutes actually underwater at 6-8 feet. Anchoring docks for Seafair.

I was actually in the water closer to half an hour each time, but it was a lot of "take this rope to the other side of the dock, wait for the crane, run down and hook it to the anchor, swim this section over there and connect it to the other one".

Dive10.jpg

Today, I made my 10th dive after returning to SCUBA after suffering DCS. It was a 27 foot dive in the Delaware River in New Jersey for 40 minutes burning the remaining gas in an HP100 before hydro. The valve stem/handwheel need to be replaced. I figured I might as well dive it because I'm not going to shut down my only gas source, and the dive was shallow. I found an iPhone 13 in a waterproof bag as I ascended the slope at the end of the dive in 8 feet of water. I stopped at a Cricket store on my drive home. We charged the phone and found the owner. I'll be returning the phone to him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom