Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, I made my 10th dive after returning to SCUBA after suffering DCS. It was a 27 foot dive in the Delaware River in New Jersey for 40 minutes burning the remaining gas in an HP100 before hydro. The valve stem/handwheel need to be replaced. I figured I might as well dive it because I'm not going to shut down my only gas source, and the dive was shallow. I found an iPhone 13 in a waterproof bag as I ascended the slope at the end of the dive in 8 feet of water. I stopped at a Cricket store on my drive home. We charged the phone and found the owner. I'll be returning the phone to him.
Welcome back and cool photo🤙

Thanks! I'm sure not getting prettier.

Thanks! I'm sure not getting prettier.

You need to smile a little and you will look soooo sweet :p

You need to smile a little and you will look soooo sweet :p
Dive6selfie4.png

Dive6fashion1.png

A week or two ago before my hair joined the Marines. Solo dive same place wearing T-shirt & board shorts and old hiking shoes instead of wetsuit boots The water was 80°F. Now it's 83°F.

Aug 9th, Ogden Point Breakwater, Victoria, Vancouver Island. I trudged out to the end, and jumped in there; splashing at 2pm. Tide was flooding, and there was current pushing towards shore. Dropping down, the water column, had a suspended light particulate, all the way down to my deepest of 82'. In shallower depths, 10' - 15' of vis, 15' - 20' of vis at the bottom. Found a rather large GPO, under a rock at 73', before I hit the corner. It was a rather nice drift dive till around the corner, then a slight headcurrent while I was going through the back eddy. Then the drift picked up again, till I popped up, right by the middle stairs. A nice afternoon for a dive.
Hit the water with 3500 psi in my HP100cu tank, 500 psi, exiting the water. 30cu Catalina pony, 3000 psi start, and finish. 47 min dive, in 11C water.

Went out to Morrison Springs this past Sunday. The spring was crystal clear, great day for diving. I mostly hung out at the bottom of the cave, laying out lines and practicing various skills. Ended up making it an 80 min dive with 20 min of deco. Next time I want to bring my camera and just hope the water is that clear again.

Aug 14th, McKenzie Bight, Saanich Inlet, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. The rest of the drop-in group headed to the normal entrance; I once again hit the goat trail down to the pepple beach below the parking area. Splashing at 10:56 am, I headed in the direction of the boat hull down there, which came into view quite quickly. Vis was a good 25' in a light haze. I am still looking for the top of this boat, that a dive aquaintance once told me it is here. Got down to 97', and vis was spectacular. At around 40', the haze dissapeared and vis open up, 60'++. At my deepest, one could look across the valleys in the geography, 100'+ vis in a light haze. I crossed a chasm between two rock faces, at around 85', vis was amazing, my light reflecting off the bottom, way below me. At 75' I rolled over and looked up, I could see the rippling on the surface.
Found a couple of white Giant Rainbow Dentronotid. Lots of long stringy single threads of Jelly stingers, when you least expect it. I came across so many, leading off to nowhere. Sometimes I saw the source of the stingers, sometimes not. One of them I turned over and looked up, the Lions Mane was maybe 30' above me. There was some expiteded swimming going on.
Started my dive with a short filled tank, 2950 psi in a Faber HP 100cu; 3000psi in my 30cu Catalina pony. 48 min dive, 97' deepest, 43' avg, and I came out with 500 psi in my main, and 3000 in my pony.
A wonderful morning for a dive

Back
Top Bottom