Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

61 minutes at the Tugs, Toby, with my sidemount rig, tweaking things.

I've been solo diving a lot lately. Did a couple of dives last weekend as it was looking like bad weather so people wussed out, or they had Father's Day stuff to go to. In the end I had awesome visibility (12m) and very calm conditions :) And saw HEAPS of things. I was actually trying out some new thermals to go with my new drysuit, and they were so warm I ended up doing two hours in 10C/50F water :) Hands were toast by the end of it though :rofl3:

Also did a night dive during the week solo, again unexpected good conditions and a shore dive yesterday which was kind of solo. A friend was teaching a friend OW, so I came along and jumped in with them but ended off heading off on my own so they could do skills.

I took some photos:
Cute squid in defensive mode
4959480969_390b960d58.jpg

Tassled Anglerfish - these are not often spotted as they have awesome camouflaged. Part of the reason I did a two hour dive was just mostly looking for one!
4960070800_fa8793169b.jpg

I have also never seen one swim, they just stick to pylons so here is my first swimming tangler:
Swimming angerlfish | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attacking scallop, I think they are so cute when they swim
4960064526_f16209354e.jpg

Cute crab
4960061050_a2527d48b6.jpg

Man I love those scallops doing their goofy dance steps....great catch on the camouflaged angler. Thanks for posting the pics....Phillips Bay? Whereabouts, the east side?

Didn't solo at the weekend, dived 12m in poor vis (1m) with husband didn;t take the camera which meant we saw some georgeos inachus crabs & the cutest cuttlefish you ever did see.

those queenie scallops are wonderful, one of my favourite dives you can guarantee that hoards will be dancing around looking like demented false teeth.

Last weekend I dove out of Lauderdale bt the Sea, i was scheduled to dive there today but the waves are upon us.

Shoredivr it was mostly in the south east but also north near the CBD.

just got back from 4 days of solo diving in the lakes around New Mexico (home) and had a good time and what do you know, my last day I ran into another solo diver so we took photo of one another and my avitar is the one of me.

No solo diving for a while :(
Today I was busy poking myself in the eyeballs to improve my vision...
My eyes is probably gonna be poked out of the eyesocket before I get the hang of those damn contact lenses :p

Today I was busy poking myself in the eyeballs to improve my vision...

I believe that as long as you are poking your own eye out, that still qualifies as a solo dive. If you had someone else poking you, you would need to leave this thread.

Just watching my wife put her contacts in makes me throw-up in my mouth a little bit. I think I would rather wander about in a fog...

Good luck with that skill. PADI probably has a course in it if you need help. :D

I believe that as long as you are poking your own eye out, that still qualifies as a solo dive. If you had someone else poking you, you would need to leave this thread.

Just watching my wife put her contacts in makes me throw-up in my mouth a little bit. I think I would rather wander about in a fog...

Good luck with that skill. PADI probably has a course in it if you need help. :D
PADI Contact Lens Diver? Gotta look into that one :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom