Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why not ?
It's the end of October, there are unlikely to be any more warm days before spring, and I have a really hard time convincing myself to get in the water when I am already cold just getting to the beach. It's one thing to know that a wetauit will keep you warm, it's another thing to convince yourself to actually do it.

I know the problem is all in my head, but that doesn't make it less intimidating.

It's the end of October, there are unlikely to be any more warm days before spring, and I have a really hard time convincing myself to get in the water when I am already cold just getting to the beach. It's one thing to know that a wetauit will keep you warm, it's another thing to convince yourself to actually do it.

I know the problem is all in my head, but that doesn't make it less intimidating.
go go go if i go dive wednesday water temp will be around 57 F. i use s 7 mm with another 7 mm step in. i will be ok ! This will be the last dive of the season too.

Why the last one?
Weather gets too unpredictable. Normally have some largish storms by now.

The boat I mainly use will be moored up as the skipper gets away from smelly, whinging divers to go skiing and other holidays. Makes him happier for next year :)

There are other boats that go out all year round, so no reason to stop. Diving is a lot nicer in warmer weather with predictable seas and visibility.

Call me a wooss, but I’m just not that bothered nowadays with driving for two or three hours in the dark to meet a dive boat in the rain to kit up in the wet, do a cold dive in dubious water with mediocre visibility at best.

I aspire to do that easy warm water diving that you lot bang on about :cool:

Hmm, must look up Mexico flights…

go go go if i go dive wednesday water temp will be around 57 F. i use s 7 mm with another 7 mm step in. i will be ok ! This will be the last dive of the season too.
A drysuit is your friend :)

Although truth be told they’re sodding expensive along with a good undersuit that keeps you dry even if you’ve sprung a leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom