Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last solo dive was in my swimming pool. After two hurricanes and one tornato the pool needed a good scrubbing.

Dive gear:

Dive Rite Nomad Ray Sidemount
2 Blue Steel 50s with XS Scuba Pro valves in left and right
Atomic B2 regs
Apek Rk3 fins
Aqua Lung Teknika mask
Bare Drysuit & Beanie
Teric & Perdix AI computers
Both SPG and swift xtrm on both reg sets
One stiff Home Depot scrub brush

Call me foolish but since I had redundant Sidemount cylinders, I did not use an AL40.

Sidemount, cleaning a pool,

My last solo dive was in my swimming pool. After two hurricanes and one tornato the pool needed a good scrubbing.

Dive gear:

Dive Rite Nomad Ray Sidemount
2 Blue Steel 50s with XS Scuba Pro valves in left and right
Atomic B2 regs
Apek Rk3 fins
Aqua Lung Teknika mask
Bare Drysuit & Beanie
Teric & Perdix AI computers
Both SPG and swift xtrm on both reg sets
One stiff Home Depot scrub brush

Call me foolish but since I had redundant Sidemount cylinders, I did not use an AL40.
😃

Typical, for the area, muck dive yesterday at Souda Bay, Chania , Greece.

1729678457907.png

Had the last boat dive of the season yesterday diving in the English Channel on a wreck I've been wanting to dive for years, the Seaford ferry, which sank in a collision in 1895 about 20 miles south of Beachy Head, now lying in 45m/150ft on a hard sandy/shale bottom

1730032038654.png

She's a small ship, 80m/250ft that carried 250 passengers between Newhaven and Dieppe. She's slender and lightweight at 1000 tons with two enormous engines and boilers at 2500 hp each driving "modern" counter rotating propellers.

The weather was lovely yesterday with little wind nor waves/swell. Visibility on the bottom was excellent, well over 10m/30ft. Temperature still high at 16 degrees (60f) at deco and 15 degrees (58f) on the bottom Loads of life; fish everywhere and many large lobsters, crabs and congers.

Took the scooter although it was mostly clipped off as it was a small wreck. Alas didn't take a camera, so no photos.

The absolute highlight was the high-tech engines and large boilers. These are four cylinder triple expansion engines which look like they'd work after a good polish! The staggering amount of steam pipes is really interesting. The two propellers that rotate in opposite directions are so similar to propellers I've bought myself, obviously a little larger due to the 2500 hp engines; total 5000 hp.

Did an hour on the bottom and just over an hour on deco under the SMB. Some interesting jellies around like those little "colony" critters that form strings together.

Was solo even though other divers were on the boat, I was alone; first in, last out.

A great end to the season. Except for my pee valve hose kinking resulting in a flooded drysuit. All underclothes get an end-of-season wash along with the inside of the drysuit!

Had the last boat dive of the season yesterday diving in the English Channel on a wreck I've been wanting to dive for years, the Seaford ferry, which sank in a collision in 1895 about 20 miles south of Beachy Head, now lying in 45m/150ft on a hard sandy/shale bottom

View attachment 867339

She's a small ship, 80m/250ft that carried 250 passengers between Newhaven and Dieppe. She's slender and lightweight at 1000 tons with two enormous engines and boilers at 2500 hp each driving "modern" counter rotating propellers.

The weather was lovely yesterday with little wind nor waves/swell. Visibility on the bottom was excellent, well over 10m/30ft. Temperature still high at 16 degrees (60f) at deco and 15 degrees (58f) on the bottom Loads of life; fish everywhere and many large lobsters, crabs and congers.

Took the scooter although it was mostly clipped off as it was a small wreck. Alas didn't take a camera, so no photos.

The absolute highlight was the high-tech engines and large boilers. These are four cylinder triple expansion engines which look like they'd work after a good polish! The staggering amount of steam pipes is really interesting. The two propellers that rotate in opposite directions are so similar to propellers I've bought myself, obviously a little larger due to the 2500 hp engines; total 5000 hp.

Did an hour on the bottom and just over an hour on deco under the SMB. Some interesting jellies around like those little "colony" critters that form strings together.

Was solo even though other divers were on the boat, I was alone; first in, last out.

A great end to the season. Except for my pee valve hose kinking resulting in a flooded drysuit. All underclothes get an end-of-season wash along with the inside of the drysuit!
good for you i am with you....last dive of the season will be next wednesday.😞

I desperately want to get at least one more dive in this season, but we will see...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom