Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Final "winter" dive at my house. Atlantic up to a balmy 40F for the first time. Next time, the 5 fingered gloves, as summer returns.

I didn't dive today ... I provided shore support for a bunch of divers who were cleaning up one of our local dive sites. We hauled about a ton of garbage out of the water ... including about a dozen five-gallon pails filled with cement that some of our local "heros" put down there to tether their OW students to the bottom while they perform "skills". Dumbass idea ... if you need to tie your students down to keep them from floating away, that's what God created augers for ... and you remove them when you're done with class.

We also hauled away a couple old TV's, a computer, a "No Thru Traffic" sign someone had anchored to the bottom with a traffic cone, a coupla folding tables, a toilet, and the usual bags full of beer cans and bottles (after carefully inspecting and removing anyone who had taken up residence).

It wasn't quite as much fun as diving ... but it'll be more fun to dive there now ... at least until people go and pitch more crap in the water that we'll have to haul out next year ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Going to clear some intake pipes today.Not the greastest dive but, at least I'll get my gills wet.

Been diving in Saltstraumen since wednesday, extraordinary beatiful! Lots of colors, lots of life, deep as hell and the world strongest maelstrom! In about an hour we're going to do our last dive before flying home tomorrow. Laters!

Our dive club spent the morning in the local harbor checking mooring buoy chains for corrosion... Not the best dive I've had, but at least I got wet!

We were in the quarry at Whitestar in Gibsonburg Ohio today for a couple of fun dives in nice 46 degree water.

On the 25th, did a couple of dives in Haigh Quarry (getting used to diving doubles)... 50 FOOT VIZ... for any who know Haigh... you could see the entirety of the Flamingo from some distance away... you could see the bottom (rocks, platform and everything) of the "deep hole' fom 61 feet! Incredible dive... ok... so it was 43 deg at 61 feet... piffle... well worth it.

May 1st - Made two exploratory dives in the Rappahannock River (Near Whitestone, VA) in vicinity of Windmill Point. Did not see much but sand, 1 dead shrimp and 1 lost fishing bottom rig. I was able to get in the water and for that I am thankful. I figure someone has to checkout/locate all the lousy spots in order to locate the occasional good dive site! Why not us?

Got to dive Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Nubble light in York Maine and Ships Cove in Cape Elizabeth Maine. Nice visibility with lots of juvenile moon and comb jellies. Summer critters are starting to appear. Visibility was generally 20+ feet an 8 on a local scale of 10. Bright skies, good light and nice topside conditions.

Pete

Dove the pool at the LDS weds... Not terribly exciting, but good practice.
Just a few hours we'll be heading south to dive Cancun, Playa and Cozmel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom