Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a lot at Shelly Beach, which is near Manly on the northern beaches of Sydney. Stacks of divers but a protected site and an easy shore dive. The giant cuttlefish (about 1 metre, sorry don't know how long in feet and inches) are entering their breeding season and we saw three yesterday, also lots of fiddler rays, sting rays, wobbegong sharks (very docile, look like they're covered in flowers) and George the blue groper who always hangs out there. Going back again tomorrow to try out my new compass. :blinking:

Same old place-my house in NS in 38F wet. But they keep asking.

Dove 8 sites in Grand Cayman with Ocean Frontiers - Crusher's Wall, Night Dive on Sunset Reef, Black Rock Reef, Black Rock Drop Off, Lost Lens, Babylon, Old Isaacs, Omega. Amazing staff, great fun.

Dove a nicely heated pool yesterday...about the best I can do until May when we hit the Keys!

Back to the quarry in Bainbridge, PA...we got the dive in BEFORE winter officially turned into spring!

Maximum Depth: 74 ft.
Duration: 43 minutes
Coldest Temp: 39º

Islamorada practicing with new camera equipment. Water temp 67F, yesterday we had a 62F thermocline, I can't believe I'm in the Keys. Found the remains of a lobster and when I looked around there was an octopus looking quite content. Hope the water warms up for you AquaExplorer by the time you show up in May.
2010-03-20 13-23-38Octo eye.jpg

Last edited:
Nowhere.

I drove down to the local mudhole, prepared to do an evening solo dive. Got all geared up, reached for my drygloves, and discovered I'd left the liners home. No worries ... I always keep a spare set in my drybag. Except then I remembered I loaned those out last week and didn't get them back.

Could've used some old gloves I keep in the car, but decided that if I'm being that forgetful I shouldn't be going out on a solo dive. Got outta my gear, packed everything back in the car and came home.

I'll try again tomorrow ... when my head's a bit more into it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ho'hokena ... pleasant dive, no dolphins, no whales ... oh well.

Cozumel.
First dive at Barracuda. Aristeo killed 4 more lionfish. We love him.
Two business sharks, three southern rays, plenty of big groupers, huge school of horse-eye jacks with a couple of rainbow parrots thrown in, a lonely single toadfish, beautiful reef... Plenty of bristle worms....
Second dive (dah dah dah dummmmmmm) 18 eagle rays. Three singles and 15 in a flight/squadron (school) drifting along lazily in a blasting current. Prop Joe posted pix of them on the March in Cozumel thread. Three times as many as I'd ever seen in one dive. Maaaaaaaagnificent.

Nowhere. South swell 8-10' with accompanying small craft advisory=cancelled club dive. :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom