Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is monday so i also dove in the waters of the office. I will be in Puerto Galera Philippines this weekend and that will help me get thru the week in the office.

Went out the 5th in 69 degree water with almost 90ft visiblity and about 5000ft offshore found the remains of a boat in the sand. The debris was scattered around and was alot of fun to explore!

2380170070100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

I dove only in my imagination, thinking ahead 6 weeks when we will actually be diving like this...
File0131.jpg

Well yesterday was a holiday in Ontario, so of course let's go diving. The Wiarton end of Colpoy's Bay was frozen solid, but farther east towards Georgian Bay the water was open.

Cedar Hill entry point, lots of shore ice buildup, water temp 33F according to my computer. 27 min, 49 ft. Saw one crayfish.

Attachments

• feb 15 shore ice x.jpg
    feb 15 shore ice x.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 37
  • feb 15 1x.jpg
    feb 15 1x.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 34
  • digging entrance hole x.jpg
    digging entrance hole x.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 37
  • gearing up x.jpg
    gearing up x.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 32
I also did two dives yesterday.

First dive was from shore, down a steep slope of what was until recently an old abandoned tanker dock that had been for the past couple decades a popular dive site. A few months ago the DNR decided to remove the dock. Our objective was to go check out the remains of the old dock and down the slope for a couple hundred feet to see what was down there. We used scooters (lots of current at this site), 18/45 (two of us ... the third diver was on a Meg), EAN50 and O2 deco gasses. We found quite a bit of stumps (they cut the pilings about 3-4 feet above the mud line) and debris all the way down to our max depth of 207 fsw. Our total bottom time was 32 minutes, and our total run time was 90 minutes. The hardest part of the dive was honkin' all that gear back up the beach to the parking lot after the dive.

Second dive was in the evening ... after about a 5 hour SI. Did a shallow dive ... max depth 21 fsw for 64 minutes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My first two dives in the US! Monterey, saw kelp, a leopard shark, a crab, loads of fish, starfish, great!!! Water with 12°C is rather comfortable, too. On Wednesday I'll fly 12h back across the ocean to my freezing local little puddles.

I dove Ginnie Springs Saturday. What awesome dive it was like diving in an aquarium. There was unlimited vis and 75 deg. water temp.:D

PS. I'm diving Blue Grotto tomrow.:D:snorkel:

back under the ice...again.......
beach ball hockey and a nice warm weenie roast afterwards!!!
i am sooooo looking forward to the galapogos on fri. however!!!!

Two very nice reefs on Saturday, saw a whale and pod of dolphins while on the boat on the way out. Saw my first shark (white-tip) at the second reef! Made my day...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom