Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove White Star yesterday water temp 51deg. vis 75':D

Dove with Sundiver (Long Beach, CA) and went around Catalina Island (including both Farnsworths) this weekend. 3 tank trip Saturday morning, 2 tank trip Saturday evening, 2 tank trip Sunday morning.

It was AWESOME!

Just got back from Diving Mexico, off Playa del Carmen. 3 days of beautiful viz and active reefs.
Saw a Barracuda, puffer fish and a few other things.

Our (My wife and I) first OW (outside of a quarry) and in warm water. WOW. This is what its all for!

At the bottom of an open pit copper mine that is being fed by a freshwater spring from somewhere below. 100-200 feet visibility in crystal clear water with a turquoise hue to it. Simply amazing!!!

Last edited:
St. Andrews State Park and the "Liberty Ship" and "Red Sea" wrecks near Panama City, FL. Tons of fish, even a queen angelfish! Good news...no oil :D If you get that way, see the folks at the Dive Locker, did a great job!

Vortex Cave in Florida (cavern area only). 68 degrees and clear, as usual.

Yesterday, the Oriskany, dove it off the H20 Below boat with a total of 7 divers on the wreck (we were the only folks out there). Two dives, vis was 30 feet tops, strong current, kind of a tricky dive. Stopped by MBT for fills, and the guys there were getting nothing done but answering the phone telling people that the oil spill is nowhere near Pensacola. It isn't.

Tomorrow I think we are looking at Jackson Blue.

Have had three great dives in the PNW Puget Sound area over the last week. First and second dives were Redondo Beach, WA, Giant Pacific Octopus and Stubby Squid...then yesterday, a dive at Cove 2, Seattle, another GPO on her eggs, plus so many critters a Great Lakes diver is overwhelmed......

Thanks, NWGrateful Diver, for the PNW tours, gear help and camraderie, I had a great time!

Yesterday I met up with 4 other divers and went out on Panama City Dive Charters boat the Steel Slinger. We visited the BJ Putnam and the Chippewa. Both were great dives. The vis was around 15-20 on Putnam and a little less on the Chippewa. The vis chages almost daily and can be as good at over 60ft. Started both dives with about 50-60ft vis then hit a thermocline at about 45' which dropped vis.

15-20 foot isn't bad if you take into account how rough the seas have been in the gulf. I should have video and clips on my site in a week or so. On both wrecks we saw grouper, AJ, baracuda, angels, damsels, pin fish and many others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom