Where did the smiles go.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I do a post and click on the more smiles hyperlink it only comes up with and 8-10 additional ones, not like it used to be.

Is there some thing wrong with my conmputer or is the link broke. I've posted from two different computers to test it and I get the same problem on both.

Just thought you may want to know about the problem.

Wildbill:cop_2:

There should be a drop-down list in the upper left corner that lists smiley groups. Personally I think this "feature" just makes it harder to find the smiley you want but they should mostly all be there if you look around for them.

James

I can change things back if need be but perhaps the answer is better organization of the smilies. Before the drop downs we would load well over 500 images onto one page of varrious shapes and sizes, something which was not ideal for old computers or dialup users, my hope was that the new drop downs would make things easier but we are always looking for your feedback on the subject to let us know what you think would be best.

Tech Admin:
I can change things back if need be but perhaps the answer is better organization of the smilies. Before the drop downs we would load well over 500 images onto one page of varrious shapes and sizes, something which was not ideal for old computers or dialup users, my hope was that the new drop downs would make things easier but we are always looking for your feedback on the subject to let us know what you think would be best.
Sounds like a no-win to me. I liked the old way where I could just scroll down the page and find the one I wanted, but I can understand how that might be painfull for a dialup user.

James

I was going to post a new thread but hopefully you'll see it here. Since the change to the drop down menu I can't use most of the smilies correctly. From the basic first set - it's ok. However, if I change the smilie group - they won't insert with a click - it just jumps me back to the top of the page. If I right click a smilie and copy it - then I can paste it into a normal post. I just tried to edit my signature and even that didn't work - after the paste the smilie was there - it previewed ok - but when I saved it and looked at a real post to check the sig, it came out as an http link to the smilie - and not the actual graphic. There would appear to be something amiss!

KimLeece:
I was going to post a new thread but hopefully you'll see it here. Since the change to the drop down menu I can't use most of the smilies correctly. From the basic first set - it's ok. However, if I change the smilie group - they won't insert with a click - it just jumps me back to the top of the page. If I right click a smilie and copy it - then I can paste it into a normal post. I just tried to edit my signature and even that didn't work - after the paste the smilie was there - it previewed ok - but when I saved it and looked at a real post to check the sig, it came out as an http link to the smilie - and not the actual graphic. There would appear to be something amiss!
I've noticed this as well. Are you using the enhanced editor? I usually just find the one I want and type in the actual smiley code.

Interesting.... I will investigate and if need be, remove our category modification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom