Where can we eat Lionfish in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staffybull

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another Coz newb question. Comming in July and would like to eat some Lionfish Tacos. What resturants serve it?

We had some on our dive boat the other day made into ceviche and it was very good. Hopefully more places put it on the menu, I would eat it again.

If more places add it to the menu, demand for the fish will increase = more people out killing them to sell to the restaurants!

Did anyone read the other thread talking about parasites on the lionfish? I still haven't gotten to try it and now parasites? Really? What is the deal on that?
I did see one the other week at palancar pier that was big enough to serve two! huge lionfish...

It was offered to us at the surface interval yesterday. DM should have spear today. I'll report later...
We had some last year at Mr Sanchos beach club SI. I don't normally eat fish but it was OK. The Pes Leon was speared right before it was cleaned and cooked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom