Where Can I Locally Find Plastic Bins with Handles and Wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minkey

Reaction score
Where can I find Inexpensive Plastic Bins with Handles and Wheels For Shore Diving?

I stopped by a Walmart (Mill Creek) today and could not find any large plastic bins with wheels and handle. I am going diving tomorrow with a friend around 3:30 p.m. at the Edmonds Underwater Park, so I plan on going to HomeDepot and Lowes early tomorrow.

Everyone is welcome to join us and partake in the hot chocolate around 5:00 p.m. Look for two giggling women dressed as seals in neoprene.

Your best bet would be to enlist the services of a couple gear sherpas, though the bins may well be more reliable. :wink:
The usual places, maybe try a different WallyWorld, K-Mart, Target, etc. Look in the automotive section too, for some reason they wind up in those departments a lot.

Minkey:
Where can I find Inexpensive Plastic Bins with Handles and Wheels For Shore Diving?

I stopped by a Walmart (Mill Creek) today and could not find any large plastic bins with wheels and handle. I am going diving tomorrow with a friend around 3:30 p.m. at the Edmonds Underwater Park, so I plan on going to HomeDepot and Lowes early tomorrow.

Everyone is welcome to join us and partake in the hot chocolate around 5:00 p.m. Look for two giggling women dressed as seals in neoprene.

I got mine at Lowes for about $20.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank you for the suggestions.

I went to Lowes this morning and found a long rubbermaid tub with wheels on one end, but unfortuantely I could not fit it in my trunk! Maybe I need to buy a car with a bigger trunk?

I ended buying three containers (without wheels) for various equipment. Happy Diving!

Pardon me for barging in on the Orca turf, but I saw some people shore diving with something like this yesterday: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00959027000. It sounds like what you're looking for and looked like a pretty sweet setup. BC, regs, fins - basically everything but tanks fit in nice little compartments in the box, which had big wheels and a handle and appeared to roll effortlessly. The divers sat on their boxes to put on their gear too, which looked handy.

Not sure if this is the exact model, and it's not exactly cheap, but I may be visitng my local Sears store soon too see if I can find what they had now that I've rusted through my third cute little red wagon.

Hi Minkey:Well it looks like there are no shortage of ideals for containers.Next: Do you need one or two?On the boat we use 5gl.buckets.Was your dive on Sun.or Mon?Maybe you would like to go on a boat dive on Sunday.Are you in a dry suit ? One dive will be @70 ft.One@40 ft. Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom