Where Can I Buy Burst Disks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I need a dozen. Not the kits, just the disks.

do it easy:
Did you check your LDS?

What kind of valves/pressures do you have? and how did you come to need a dozen all at once?
LDS would have to order them. Figured I could do it myself and save some $. Need a dozen for 6 tanks being O2 cleaned.

Well, Mister Easy, after all the questions, you must have a great source for me....yes?? :D

So, not these from DiveRiteExpress.com?
TV3990-3360 Safety Assembly (Burst Disk Kit) 3360 psi (12)* Today $8.00
TV3990-4000 Safety Assembly (Burst Disk Kit) 4000 psi (12)* Today $8.00
TV3990-5000 Safety Assembly (Burst Disk Kit) 5000 psi (12)* Today $8.00
TV3990-5250 Safety Assembly (Burst Disk Kit) 5250 psi (12)* Today $8.00
TV3990-5500 Safety Assembly (Burst Disk Kit) 5500 psi (12)* Today $8.00

John at Northeast scuba supply will sell you some. I assume Larry at scubatoys as well as Joel from Tech diving limited will sell you some as well. I get mine locally from Divers supply.

Matt

or just google scuba tank burst disks. most valve mfg's / resellers will have them for sale. some dont like to sell to "private persons" due to potential liability (guess we can thank lawsuit happy ppl in the states for that).

Rick Inman:
LDS would have to order them. Figured I could do it myself and save some $. Need a dozen for 6 tanks being O2 cleaned.

Ok, I ASSUME from that post that you plan on doubling up the disks in each relief assembly? It that is the plan, just put a plain SS bolt into the hole. A doubled burst disk would put THAT failure pressure above the failure pressure of either the gas valve or the tank. So, if you're gonna go that route, a plain bolt would be better.

Or were you leaving the safety in place and just having spares for each tank?

FD

fire_diver:
Ok, I ASSUME from that post that you plan on doubling up the disks in each relief assembly? It that is the plan, just put a plain SS bolt into the hole. A doubled burst disk would put THAT failure pressure above the failure pressure of either the gas valve or the tank. So, if you're gonna go that route, a plain bolt would be better.

Or were you leaving the safety in place and just having spares for each tank?

FD
Actually, my trimix instructor is doubling up the burst disks in our valves for us. I'm just following orders (which I'm happy to do):

"Rick! Get a dozen burst disks."

"Sir, yes sir!" :D

I'll ask him about the bolt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom