Where are...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt... I'm waiting for the snow to hit..

I may take my doubles for the heck of it but I'm probably going to do all of my diving in singles. I've got two Dive Rite H-Valves coming for my single tanks.. You are welcome to use one if you want.. DIN of course..

Is there a compressor out there for Refills?

I'm approved to help with the Sat evening dive. Is this going to be an official Swampers class? :popcorn:

Yes there is a compressor. Supposedly O2 compatible fills, but I take my tanks to my LDS. The diving part is usually:

Sat - maybe an hour to get everyone's buoyancy checked out and approx a half hour tour
Sun - a working tour, but less than an hour.
The main thing is to stay warm. Sat can be a long time in 72F water, especially when the SI is cold.
So 3 tanks if you want to bring all your own air?

After the class your next several dives are supposed to be with a 'more experienced' diver. :D

No doubt... I'm waiting for the snow to hit..

I may take my doubles for the heck of it but I'm probably going to do all of my diving in singles. I've got two Dive Rite H-Valves coming for my single tanks.. You are welcome to use one if you want.. DIN of course..

Is there a compressor out there for Refills?

Yes..they have a compressor and will refill your tanks. You only need one.

Alex, are you riding with me or are you going solo?

Are you ladies getting a hotel room or are you driving back and forth each day? If hotel, which one? If not, which do you recommend?

I'm only an hour away, so I commute. Carrie's even closer. There's a hotel on the NW corner of I-35 and the Aq Spgs exit that people in my class stayed at. But let me ask Pearl if she has a recommendation.

I have to check those dates but I may take the class with you as well.

I may can do that too actually. Let me know if you're going to sign up.

I called Tom's and paid up for the class earlier tonight.
How could I continue to dive w/o science anyway? :p

Alex and I will be driving in Friday (evening?)..

David

PS. Is it legal to night dive the Comal with doubles?

I'll sign up tomorrow if possible, or Monday. Maybe Janet too if she's off that weekend...I will never be able to keep up with her schedule at the hospital. Either way, ill commute as I live in south Austin.

The comal is pretty much unregulated as far as I know. Doubles are way overkill, though - I can get over 2hrs on a single al80. By that time, I'm pretty much over it for the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom